It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: Would be interesting to know how many people evven go visit the website and then realise that they can get more for the same price on the devs site and buy there.
And in regards of the soundtrack: gog already offers soundtracks for some games seperatly, so it should have been possible.
CarrionCrow: Depends on where a person learns about it. If you see it on GOG or the competition, the dev's site probably isn't mentioned. If you see it via game media, someone writing a story about it, they tend to also post that you can buy the game straight from the source.

Figuring it had something to do with percentages. Anything GOG posts and distributes, they'll get a cut of.

The company might've made them a better offer and gave them a place for their work to be sold from.
One thing to be said for 'the rental place' is that they almost always have a link to the devs website and quite often to a manual or a demo.
GOG lists the developer but you have to do a little Google magic sometimes. ;)
Post edited July 05, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: One thing to be said for 'the rental place' is that they almost always have a link to the devs website and quite often to a manual or a demo.
Hopefully that's something GOG will incorporate as time goes on. Independent developers of quality titles need all the exposure they can get.

Also, I noticed a bit ago. You could skip getting Staglands and just buy Meat Boy from Humble instead...
EndreWhiteMane: One thing to be said for 'the rental place' is that they almost always have a link to the devs website and quite often to a manual or a demo.
CarrionCrow: Hopefully that's something GOG will incorporate as time goes on. Independent developers of quality titles need all the exposure they can get.

Also, I noticed a bit ago. You could skip getting Staglands and just buy Meat Boy from Humble instead...
Nah, I've got a hammer right here. I'll just whack myself in the head a few times. ;)
CarrionCrow: Hopefully that's something GOG will incorporate as time goes on. Independent developers of quality titles need all the exposure they can get.

EndreWhiteMane: Nah, I've got a hammer right here. I'll just whack myself in the head a few times. ;)
-laughs- It'd be cheaper and less painful. That game is such a colossal pain in the ass.
EndreWhiteMane: Nah, I've got a hammer right here. I'll just whack myself in the head a few times. ;)
CarrionCrow: -laughs- It'd be cheaper and less painful. That game is such a colossal pain in the ass.
They do have Avernum Crystal Souls at half price.
Now I have 5 games to choose between. Damn.
Hey everyone, how are you.
CarrionCrow: -laughs- It'd be cheaper and less painful. That game is such a colossal pain in the ass.
EndreWhiteMane: They do have Avernum Crystal Souls at half price.
Picked that one up during the summer sale. Haven't yet decided which order to play it all in, though.
CarrionCrow: Also, I noticed a bit ago. You could skip getting Staglands and just buy Meat Boy from Humble instead...
Would you recommend Meat Boy?
EndreWhiteMane: They do have Avernum Crystal Souls at half price.
CarrionCrow: Picked that one up during the summer sale. Haven't yet decided which order to play it all in, though.
Escape from the Pit, then Crystal Souls. Those are remakes of Avernum 1 and 2.
Then the older Avernum 3 unless he has that remake out by then.
CarrionCrow: Also, I noticed a bit ago. You could skip getting Staglands and just buy Meat Boy from Humble instead...
ElTerprise: Would you recommend Meat Boy?
Are you a gaming masochist? :-)
Post edited July 05, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
If you want to punish yourself, the answer will be yes ;-)
Depends. How much spare time do you have, how much frustration can you handle and how willing are you to replace a controller after you break the one you own?
EndreWhiteMane: Escape from the Pit, then Crystal Souls. Those are remakes of Avernum 1 and 2.
Then the older Avernum 3 unless he has that remake out by then.
Are you a gaming masochist? :-)
moonshineshadow: If you want to punish yourself, the answer will be yes ;-)
Hmm...wouldn't consider myself gaming masochist but some really difficult stuff could be interesting...
CarrionCrow: Depends. How much spare time do you have, how much frustration can you handle and how willing are you to replace a controller after you break the one you own?
Well it's summer not which means that i have some spar time....i'm usually very good at handling frustration and i need a new controller anyway :)
Post edited July 05, 2015 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Well it's summer not which means that i have some spar time....i'm usually very good at handling frustration and i need a new controller anyway :)
I'd say go for it then. =) It's dirt cheap and DRM-free on Humble right now.
CarrionCrow: Yes, I did. Bought an external hard drive, got everything backed up, then reformatted.
Weird thing is, despite using every scan that I saw mentioned as a way to kill the virus, nothing was ever shown as being present.
It seems ridiculously optimistic to think that I somehow managed to dodge getting it, but aside from the initial ransomware scam bullshit screen, I never had a problem.
Never got locked out, never had to fix the problem via USB-installed program or recovery CD.
Very odd.

Ah well. Spent most of my spare coin on the hard drive, but I'd been needing to do that for a while now.

How's your day going aside from debating whether or not to turn the AC on?
EndreWhiteMane: I've had pop-ups of that type at work a few times, I was able to remove them as long as no one clicked on them. Fortunately I have the people at work trained to scream at me before they click anything they haven't seen before.
Doing fine here other than it's getting pretty warm, nowhere near ready to turn the air on though. ;)

Edit: I do have 4 games I'm trying to decide between.
Anna, Serpent in the Staglands, Wings of Glory and Vessel.
Only buying one of them this month so I need to decide what mood I'm in. :-)

Edit edit: I meant Wings of Prey. :/
That sounds a lot like a sort of browser based worm. so long as the page is not clicked, the javascript worm won't start.

It could be exactly what Endre says. As ridiculous as it sounds, it could be an extremely lazy virus coder that actually requires user authorization to infect. You hide the button or mislabel it and basically the user clicks yes to the installation of the virus. It sounds Incredibly lazy, but why bother devoting effort trying to circumvent UAC (which is not really difficult ro jump over) or any security measures you might have if you can rely on a user's ignorance and/or panic to do it for you.

I've heard of scare stories of worms that can gain superuser rights simply by loading an image with extra code that will cause a buffer overflow on the web browser. Fortunately most of the time the people who know these dangerous hacks are the same that make them public and point them out.

Most of the time.

Wings of prey looks gorgeous.
CarrionCrow: I'd say go for it then. =) It's dirt cheap and DRM-free on Humble right now.
That's why i was asking - wouldn't get it at full price but 1,69€ is a steal. It's an interesting sale Humble has with some nice offers...