It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Great news for all fans of the deadly red-haired vampire! Today both BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut receive a big update from Ziggurat that will further enhance their looks and performance.

Changes in BloodRayne: Terminal Cut include restoring details of elements like enemy’s uniforms and flesh tones, as well as the improved rendering of water and reflections. Also, Japanese voice-acting and subtitles have been added.

BloodRayne: Terminal Cut 2 on the other hand received, among other things, some missing music and audio tracks, as well as improved resolution and scaling of included bonus materials.

To see the full list of updated features just visit both games’ pages on GOG.COM.

To celebrate this big update, we’ve decided to give you a set of discounts on Bloodrayne titles that will last until 20th May 2021, 1 PM UTC.
Yo that gun-kata thing in the second one made wanna try this series out.
high rated
EDIT/UPDATE:
Even the mod creator confirmed, that this update restored the original textures in the whole game. So the mod is now only needed if you want to play the Legacy version.
END OF EDIT/UPDATE:

Incredible stuff. One question about the first game:

Update Features
- Textures on enemy models have been restored to their original console version aesthetic

This means that the console textures were restored only for enemies? So the swastikas and symbols on crates, flags, environment and such are still not present in the PC version? Just wondering, if you have access to the console textures, why not use them in all the places where they've been replaced on the PC.

If only the enemy textures were restored, then allow me to shamelessly plug this mod from thefifthhorseman.229

https://www.gog.com/forum/bloodrayne_legacy_series/are_there_any_mods_at_all/post51

It restores EVERYTHING to the console textures (the way the game was originally). Posted in the Legacy forums, but works for the Terminal Cut too. It also restored the gory fleshy and mutated textures, but this update to the Terminal Cut fixed that.

Here is some more detailed discussion about it, starting with this post and below:
https://www.gog.com/forum/bloodrayne_legacy_series/pc_version_removing_censorship/post40
Post edited May 16, 2021 by idbeholdME
Textures on enemy models have been restored to their original console version aesthetic
Cool, cool...
GOG.com: deadly red-haired vampire!
No, wrong wrong, the games are strict about her being a DHAMPIR, not a vampire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhampir
So, why does GOG advertise Updates for games, that are not on GOG? Weird, that is...
Maxvorstadt: So, why does GOG advertise Updates for games, that are not on GOG? Weird, that is...
Not available in Germany. Why? Not sure.
Nice to see continued support.
Maxvorstadt: So, why does GOG advertise Updates for games, that are not on GOG? Weird, that is...
Maybe you are using the website in English? If I set the page to German I can't see the offer in the news.
It's not a great deal anyway - best way was to own them before the remaster was out. I got the first for 0,59 €, the second for 0,99 € and Betrayal for 1,09 €. So I can't find these prices attractive at all, I understand the work being done on the remasters but why is Betrayal so expensive again? Anyway I'm not a major BloodRayne fan, I understand that supporters are gonna support, and that's good. Sucking blood is fun and probably the remasters are really worth it - I have only played the legacy games for now.
Very happy for the Japanese dub, now I'm more tempted to replay the first Bloodrayne. But I'd rather get a second platformer like Betrayal in the future.
Are update notifications broken again? I see the new versions are available for download but the games aren't in the "Updated" list.
It has been said and proven in the past that the AA in the terminal cut is not as good as it could be (in fact using a wrapper like dgVoodoo improved things quite a lot) so I was wondering if they fixed the AA as well?
badsector: Are update notifications broken again? I see the new versions are available for download but the games aren't in the "Updated" list.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post2548

Type 2, I believe.
Post edited May 14, 2021 by mrkgnao
This looks very nice. Thank you publisher, developers and GOG!
I loved playing Blood Rayne 1 back in the day. I should probably pick up Blood Rayne 2. It's great to hear that they got updated.
Does this mean that games have finally been 100% uncensored, or not?

And did they also restore all the missing voice lines that were originally missing from the Terminal Cuts?

And did they also fix the comical green zombies back to their original non-green horrific form?