It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I would install but i don't want a virus.

;)

Just driving by. Cheers adalia!
high rated
moonshineshadow: If you are bored perhaps? ;-)

No to be serious. I don't think it is needed. Trading is a risk, but it is not your job to take care of scammers. And people who want to trade need to rely on their judgement and not be too trusting.
And also, if you build something like this, you are kind of responsible, and if something goes wrong... not sure if you really want to do that.
Yeah, that is a very good point. Hadn't really thought about that too much..
I know it's not anyone's job to take care of them, but this place would be nicer again with out them lurking about and making it as difficult as possible to scam people here might make them push off somewhere where it's easier.

I'll work on the other suggested features in the meantime and keep thinking about it.. :)
budejovice: I would install but i don't want a virus.

;)

Just driving by. Cheers adalia!
You've got to be careful, I'm a very dodgy character... can't be trusted at all ;)
Post edited January 26, 2016 by adaliabooks
adaliabooks: I know it's not anyone's job to take care of them, but this place would be nicer again with out them lurking about and making it as difficult as possible to scam people here might make them push off somewhere where it's easier.
As long as gog makes it this easy nothing will change. Since there are enough people who'll never use such a tool or even realise that it exists and would still be easy targets.
high rated
adaliabooks: That's not a bad idea either (and certainly simpler than any of the other options) but it does abstract the information a little and make people have to click through to get it rather than it being available right there...

My thought is to make it collapsible, so the information would only show when you want it to and could be hidden when you don't.

[...]
Clicking on a link is too much work? ↁ_ↁ

Question - if collapsible, will all that data still load when opening a game page?

adaliabooks: So, I was thinking of some more anti scammer measures that I could implement and I wondered about a kind of GoG code escrow service..

Basically both participants in a trade would submit there codes to a newly built website and the website would verify them through GoG and show what games were there and who they were from (so you could see whether the user had both them or was trading giveaway prizes or something similar).

Obviously it would require a fairly high level of trust in me (and the site) as theoretically I could just steal all the codes (though it would become obvious pretty quickly if that's what I was doing, and it goes with out saying that I wouldn't) but it could reduce the problem of scammers in trades..
The only issue I could see is that a code could be used after it was verified and the other person wouldn't be able to claim it... but that would require scammers to actually have a key for the game they claim to want to trade in the first place (which as I understand is generally not the case) and then claim it quickly so it would be hard to fool.

What do you guys think? Is it worth looking into?
I think you're going to do a lot of work for nth. wpegg had set up such a system quite some time ago (2013, I think), but nobody made use of it, and it just faded into oblivion.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Clicking on a link is too much work? ↁ_ↁ

Question - if collapsible, will all that data still load when opening a game page?
:P
It's not too much work, but sometimes it's nice to have the info right there rather than having to open a new tab (or go to the page and then go back to the last page)...

It wouldn't have to be loaded until you uncollapsed it (probably? haven't really done collapsible stuff before, but I'm sure it's possible) the first time (or it would load at page start if you had it set to be open in the options)

You ask too many questions... you clearly don't realise I just make this stuff up as I go along and see what works... ;)

HypersomniacLive: I think you're going to do a lot of work for nth. wpegg had set up such a system quite some time ago (2013, I think), but nobody made use of it, and it just faded into oblivion.
Ah, well that is useful to know then. Probably not worth bothering with if it has been tried in the past and not been successful.
Thanks for the heads up :)
high rated
adaliabooks: :P
It's not too much work, but sometimes it's nice to have the info right there rather than having to open a new tab (or go to the page and then go back to the last page)...

[...]
I still prefer a link, so if it's not too much work for you, please include it.

adaliabooks: [...]

You ask too many questions... you clearly don't realise I just make this stuff up as I go along and see what works... ;)

[...]
I'm well aware of it, I just like to keep you on your toes. ;-)

Could you find out/give a definite answer by the time this rolls out?

Next question - where on the game page do you plan to display all this info?
I installed this script and it's very good. Thank you very much. :)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I still prefer a link, so if it's not too much work for you, please include it.

I'm well aware of it, I just like to keep you on your toes. ;-)

Could you find out/give a definite answer by the time this rolls out?

Next question - where on the game page do you plan to display all this info?
Adding a link will be no trouble at all, I'll put it in as a separate option.

Don't I know it :P

Yep, I will certainly aim to cut out any unnecessary loading so the goal would be to only request the info if it was needed.

Not sure yet, with out actually looking at the game pages I'm thinking either under the description or under the tech requirements / genre info etc. box.
But I'm open to suggestions.

Azhdar: I installed this script and it's very good. Thank you very much. :)
No problem, glad you like it :)
Post edited January 26, 2016 by adaliabooks
high rated
adaliabooks: Adding a link will be no trouble at all, I'll put it in as a separate option.

Don't I know it :P

Yep, I will certainly aim to cut out any unnecessary loading so the goal would be to only request the info if it was needed.

Not sure yet, with out actually looking at the game pages I'm thinking either under the description or under the tech requirements / genre info etc. box.

[...]
Putting it under the description will push the reviews further down the page, not sure how much people would like that.

I suggest you put the link to MaGog under/above the GOGWiki one.

As for the additional info - making it a box of its own under the tech requirements one is an idea. But depending on the sort of info you intend to include, some of it might be out of place at that spot. For instance, if you include historical sale prices, that info would be better put closer to the price tag, but such an implementation would require to have multiple collapsible boxes, I imagine. OTOH, it'd allow users to choose which info to show and which not.

Seems a bit more complicated than at first glance.
adaliabooks: Not sure yet, with out actually looking at the game pages I'm thinking either under the description or under the tech requirements / genre info etc. box.
HypersomniacLive: Putting it under the description will push the reviews further down the page, not sure how much people would like that.

I suggest you put the link to MaGog under/above the GOGWiki one
For me it would work under the description since I don't bother with reviews :P

But I have to agree, it would probably make more sense to put it under the gogwiki link.
Post edited January 26, 2016 by moonshineshadow
high rated
Possible minor issue with chat:

- I entered GOG and found that I had 2 chat messages.
- I opened chat, which was set to "Last Active".
- The top of the room list looked like this:
*** cecil [with a "1" pending chat flag]
*** Johny.
*** leon30
etc.
- The active room was Johny. (which is why his room no longer had the "1" pending chat flag).
- I saw that Johny.'s message was from 10:16.
- I moved to cecil's room, which caused (a) the "1" flag to disappear (as expected) and (b) the room order to change so that Johny. became first and cecil second (which surprised me).
- Then I saw that cecil's message was from 09:41.

So:
It seems that AF doesn't sort strictly by "Last Active" but gives first priority to rooms with a flag. Is that so? Is that intentional? Can it be changed? I would prefer it to be strictly by "Last Active" regardless of flags, so that in this case, the order I would have expected is:
*** Johny.
*** cecil [with a "1" pending chat flag]
*** leon30
etc.

P.S. It's merely a nice-to-have request. I can live with the current state too.
high rated
moonshineshadow: For me it would work under the description since I don't bother with reviews :P

But I have to agree, it would probably make more sense to put it under the gogwiki link.
I look at reviews of games I'm not particularly familiar with, if something catches my eye at any point.

If we're talking about the link to MaGog, it'd be out of place under the description, imho.

mrkgnao: [...]
It seems that AF doesn't sort strictly by "Last Active" but gives first priority to rooms with a flag. Is that so? Is that intentional? Can it be changed? I would prefer it to be strictly by "Last Active" regardless of flags, [...]

I actually prefer unread messages taking absolute priority when first accessing the chat. IIRC, that's how it worked in the PM system, and I always thought it made the most sense. JMO
high rated
mrkgnao: So:
It seems that AF doesn't sort strictly by "Last Active" but gives first priority to rooms with a flag. Is that so? Is that intentional? Can it be changed? I would prefer it to be strictly by "Last Active" regardless of flags, so that in this case, the order I would have expected is:

It is indeed intentional as I assumed people would want unopened messages to show at the top of the list still..
But I can put in a second option where they don't if that is preferable.
(well.. I say that... adding two options was somewhat dicey as it was, I'll see what I can do)

HypersomniacLive: I look at reviews of games I'm not particularly familiar with, if something catches my eye at any point.

If we're talking about the link to MaGog, it'd be out of place under the description, imho.
The link would definitely go in the side bar. Jury is still out on the info box (if I do it). I may just end up grabbing the bits I want and putting them in different places.. though that would mean it is automatically loaded on start up.

Haven't started work on any of it yet (just haven't particularly been feeling it right now) so I'm not sure what can be done.
high rated

I may just end up grabbing the bits I want and putting them in different places.. though that would mean it is automatically loaded on start up.
Pretty sure you're trying to annoy me. ;-P

Haven't started work on any of it yet (just haven't particularly been feeling it right now) so I'm not sure what can be done.
Have you decided on what bits you want to grab? Would you mind sharing with us?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Pretty sure you're trying to annoy me. ;-P

Have you decided on what bits you want to grab? Would you mind sharing with us?
I have no idea what you are talking about.... ;P
There will always be an option to turn off any unwanted features, don't worry :P

Some input from others would be great, the one thing I'm definitely sure of including is the "Wishlisted By" and probably the "GoGMixopedia" as both provide useful additional info not already available on the page..

The how long to beat info is probably useful too as it gives an indication of game length (which can be useful if you are thinking about buying something)

Regional prices might be interesting... but I'm not sure I (personally) would really want to know or care about that.. ditto with the size of individual files and what downloads come with it..