It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nadezdha: Just one question before buying, I don't play The Witcher games so I don't know about CD Projekt games style

Will this game be a console first, lazy PC port last?

By "console first, lazy PC port last" I mean one or many of the following questions:

Will I require several NVLink GeForce RTX 3080/4080 Ti to barely reach 30 FPS at 1080p before all of them melting down?

Will my PC game be intentionally dumbed down, or software-capped in order to keep it from being superior to the consoles version?

Will the game be played for me, instead of by me (i.e. auto-aiming, "press F to pay respects" quicktime events...)

Will I be able to aim just with the mouse with no input lag and no drag-down effect (i.e. like in Max Payne 1 and 2 which are real PC games, UNLIKE Max Payne 3 which is a badly tossed console port)?

Will I have to stick to a wall/cover for healing or recovering proper vision?

Will it be almost unplayable without a gamepad?

Will I have to spend hours trying to set the controlls for a keyboard+mouse instead of a gamepad?

Will I have to "press X to start game" after a long unskippable cinematic intro?

Will I be able to use the scroll up/down mouse slider?

Will the menus and fonts be unnecessarily big, utterly humongous, designed to be seen from a couch meters away from a 115" TV with horrible colours?

Will I be able to save the game whenever I want to, or just in some pre-designed checkpoints, because the developers know better than me when and where I should save the game?

Will I be constantly reminded I shouldn't power off my PC while the game is being saved?

Will I be able to save as many games as I want to, and not a fixed amount like 8 slots which I can't name? Or even saving more than one game?

Will I have to manually raise the pre-set FOV from 70 to something not inducing seizure/nausea/just plain annoyingness?

Will I be constantly shamed in-game for not playing this game co-op mode with dudebros, in a couch while drinking one too many cheap beers and doing "Did you see that ludicrous display last night?" remarks on the last Nineteenth Century/Early Twenty Century sports match?

I can put up with a "good" PC port (i.e. GTA V, Watch Dogs) but I can't with a bad one (i.e. Max Payne 3, Saint Row 2 with no Gentlemen of the Club mod)
Can't say what will be required for the PC version since there are no system requirements released as of yet, last year they said the demo was running on a i7 and a 1080ti i believe, so i doubt you'd need a "3080" or anything like that unless you plan on running it with RTX on

Witcher 2 had QTE's in it that could be turned off in the options menu if you wanted, Witcher 1/3 did not have any kind of QTE but they were dialogue and cutscene heavy

Witcher 3 didn't seem to have any sort of input lag when it came to mouse movement, but it was a third person hack and slash so it's not something that is really important to begin with for that sort of game compared to a FPS

Can't confirm this as of yet but last year i did see the main character take a inhaler hit to heal themselves and they said you could heal up from drinking stuff like sodas and etc, dk if taking cover will regen HP or anything like that as of yet

Can't confirm this either but i felt like The Witcher series was perfectly fine with a mouse and keyboard, although some disagree and prefer a controller. It was 100% preference in that case since it was third person hack and slash

Can't confirm this either since we don't know the PC controls

Witcher 3 allowed you to skip all the company and intro cinematics if you wished and i'm sure it'll be the same case here

Can't confirm since we don't know the controls yet

Also can't confirm since we haven't seen most of the UI, but in The Witcher 3 there was 2 options with one meant for monitors (which shrinked the hud) and one for TV's (which made it very huge)

Witcher 3 allowed you to quick save in almost every situation as long as you weren't directly in combat, i'm sure it'll be the same here

Probably in one of the intro or dev cinematics that'll probably be skippable

Witcher 3 on PC allowed you to have as many save games as you wish, i have almost a gig worth of save games for The Witcher 3 with over 500+ saved games, probably the same for Cyberpunk

Can't say atm, worst case we'll have to mod it

There will be no coop or MP mode on launch, SP only until long after release

We will probably see more info closer to launch about these sort of things.
You get no benefits from pre-ordering the game right now anyways unless you want to buy merch.
CDPR has even said that if you don't feel comfortable about it atm, don't do it unless you want to support them
Post edited June 12, 2019 by DarklordGriffen
nadezdha: Just one question before buying, I don't play The Witcher games so I don't know about CD Projekt games style

Will this game be a console first, lazy PC port last?

By "console first, lazy PC port last" I mean one or many of the following questions:

Will I require several NVLink GeForce RTX 3080/4080 Ti to barely reach 30 FPS at 1080p before all of them melting down?

Will my PC game be intentionally dumbed down, or software-capped in order to keep it from being superior to the consoles version?

Will the game be played for me, instead of by me (i.e. auto-aiming, "press F to pay respects" quicktime events...)

Will I be able to aim just with the mouse with no input lag and no drag-down effect (i.e. like in Max Payne 1 and 2 which are real PC games, UNLIKE Max Payne 3 which is a badly tossed console port)?

Will I have to stick to a wall/cover for healing or recovering proper vision?

Will it be almost unplayable without a gamepad?

Will I have to spend hours trying to set the controlls for a keyboard+mouse instead of a gamepad?

Will I have to "press X to start game" after a long unskippable cinematic intro?

Will I be able to use the scroll up/down mouse slider?

Will the menus and fonts be unnecessarily big, utterly humongous, designed to be seen from a couch meters away from a 115" TV with horrible colours?

Will I be able to save the game whenever I want to, or just in some pre-designed checkpoints, because the developers know better than me when and where I should save the game?

Will I be constantly reminded I shouldn't power off my PC while the game is being saved?

Will I be able to save as many games as I want to, and not a fixed amount like 8 slots which I can't name? Or even saving more than one game?

Will I have to manually raise the pre-set FOV from 70 to something not inducing seizure/nausea/just plain annoyingness?

Will I be constantly shamed in-game for not playing this game co-op mode with dudebros, in a couch while drinking one too many cheap beers and doing "Did you see that ludicrous display last night?" remarks on the last Nineteenth Century/Early Twenty Century sports match?

I can put up with a "good" PC port (i.e. GTA V, Watch Dogs) but I can't with a bad one (i.e. Max Payne 3, Saint Row 2 with no Gentlemen of the Club mod)
DarklordGriffen: Can't say what will be required for the PC version since there are no system requirements released as of yet, last year they said the demo was running on a i7 and a 1080ti i believe, so i doubt you'd need a "3080" or anything like that unless you plan on running it with RTX on

Witcher 2 had QTE's in it that could be turned off in the options menu if you wanted, Witcher 1/3 did not have any kind of QTE but they were dialogue and cutscene heavy

Witcher 3 didn't seem to have any sort of input lag when it came to mouse movement, but it was a third person hack and slash so it's not something that is really important to begin with for that sort of game compared to a FPS

Can't confirm this as of yet but last year i did see the main character take a inhaler hit to heal themselves and they said you could heal up from drinking stuff like sodas and etc, dk if taking cover will regen HP or anything like that as of yet

Can't confirm this either but i felt like The Witcher series was perfectly fine with a mouse and keyboard, although some disagree and prefer a controller. It was 100% preference in that case since it was third person hack and slash

Witcher 3 allowed you to skip all the company and intro cinematics if you wished and i'm sure it'll be the same case here

Also can't confirm since we haven't seen most of the UI, but in The Witcher 3 there was 2 options with one meant for monitors (which shrinked the hud) and one for TV's (which made it very huge)

Witcher 3 allowed you to quick save in almost every situation as long as you weren't directly in combat, i'm sure it'll be the same here

Witcher 3 on PC allowed you to have as many save games as you wish, i have almost a gig worth of save games for The Witcher 3 with over 500+ saved games, probably the same for Cyberpunk

You get no benefits from pre-ordering the game right now anyways unless you want to buy merch.
CDPR has even said that if you don't feel comfortable about it atm, don't do it unless you want to support them
You do get benefits for pre-ordering the game (depends on where you buy from). For example, In Amazon if you pre-order, you get a steel book (see the attached). This varies with country, in France I've seen some offering Comic Books as a pre-order bonus.
Attachments:
DarklordGriffen: Can't say what will be required for the PC version since there are no system requirements released as of yet, last year they said the demo was running on a i7 and a 1080ti i believe, so i doubt you'd need a "3080" or anything like that unless you plan on running it with RTX on

MarvT: You do get benefits for pre-ordering the game (depends on where you buy from). For example, In Amazon if you pre-order, you get a steel book (see the attached). This varies with country, in France I've seen some offering Comic Books as a pre-order bonus.
Tbf, that's for physical copies only and that has to do with the distributors (which is Bandai Namco in the EU i believe) and the stores they are selling it from, but you do not get any kind of special in game reward like bonus XP, extra currency, pre-order missions, or a special weapon, and all that jazz
It's a nice thing for collectors but it's not something that has an effect on the game itself
Post edited June 13, 2019 by DarklordGriffen
You've missed out on what is probably the best game in the history of PC gaming, which is The Witcher 3.
It makes sense that in secret, all games are technically PC ports. They all get programed/made on PC's and then edited to fit a console or a pc for gameplay. Technically it's already PC first, but sometimes on the PC, it's made to fit into a console first, and then even more work is done to port it back to PC again which is just really unusual. I like how CDPR is just straight up making it as good as it can be on PC first (at least what everyone seems to be saying), because then you don't get a quality loss, and the console version was always going to be what it was going to be anyway, which isn't a good or bad thing in any way. It just is how it is, Nothing bad or nothing. It will be very fun on any platform but I'm glad I'm getting it on PC because that's what I like.
MarvT: You do get benefits for pre-ordering the game (depends on where you buy from). For example, In Amazon if you pre-order, you get a steel book (see the attached). This varies with country, in France I've seen some offering Comic Books as a pre-order bonus.
DarklordGriffen: Tbf, that's for physical copies only and that has to do with the distributors (which is Bandai Namco in the EU i believe) and the stores they are selling it from, but you do not get any kind of special in game reward like bonus XP, extra currency, pre-order missions, or a special weapon, and all that jazz
It's a nice thing for collectors but it's not something that has an effect on the game itself
True, but why would you need those perks on a single player title?
( ignore this reply from me. Reading this now, I don't get why you go for extra XP on a single player title but extra pre-order missions or special weapons do make sense)
Post edited June 13, 2019 by MarvT
So... before even playing, right in the main menu:

Will I have to "press X to start game" after a long unskippable cinematic intro? Check, although the cutscene intro is skippable, I had to press "Space" key when ordered to. This is a trademark console design choice, you just don't find this in a PC only game.

"Will I have to spend hours trying to set the controlls for a keyboard+mouse instead of a gamepad? " Check, "Control scheme" displays a full screen, proudly in your face, Xbox controller only and no keyboard on sight. Why is people even playing in PC anymore, when you can (and you must) buy a Xbox console? Right? Like playing with the keyboard? and mouse? Sitting in a chair? And not with an oversized controller half asleep in your couch? I can't believe it.

Will I have to manually raise the pre-set FOV from 70 to something not inducing seizure/nausea/just plain annoyingness? Check, the game was by default in 80 FOV even in Ultra mode. Because of course if you have an Ultra mode capable hardware setup, you need that cheap console trick in order for your hardware to be able to handle the load.

Will the game be played for me, instead of by me (i.e. auto-aiming, "press F to pay respects" quicktime events...) Check, full autoaim was enabled by default. I will see about "press F to pay respects" quicktime events when I start the game.

Will I require several NVLink GeForce RTX 3080/4080 Ti to barely reach 30 FPS at 1080p before all of them melting down? Very probably another check, the default FPS was 30 even in Ultra mode.

Let's see how many more predictions I can check when I get past this cheap console port. Ubisoft level menu.
dedicado: "Will I have to spend hours trying to set the controlls for a keyboard+mouse instead of a gamepad? " Check, "Control scheme" displays a full screen, proudly in your face, Xbox controller only and no keyboard on sight. Why is people even playing in PC anymore, when you can (and you must) buy a Xbox console? Right? Like playing with the keyboard? and mouse? Sitting in a chair? And not with an oversized controller half asleep in your couch? I can't believe it.
And like every poorly thrown together console port, not even a walk button on keyboard.
You're forced to run everywhere, like your character is still in kindergarten.
dedicado: "Will I have to spend hours trying to set the controlls for a keyboard+mouse instead of a gamepad? " Check, "Control scheme" displays a full screen, proudly in your face, Xbox controller only and no keyboard on sight. Why is people even playing in PC anymore, when you can (and you must) buy a Xbox console? Right? Like playing with the keyboard? and mouse? Sitting in a chair? And not with an oversized controller half asleep in your couch? I can't believe it.
TheAlgerian: And like every poorly thrown together console port, not even a walk button on keyboard.
And I just realized you can't bind arrow keys ... the 4 keys in the keyboard designed to be arrow keys, you can't use them.

I preordered one and a half years ago and took vacations to play, regret both
It really looks like Ubicrap AC or WD level. Game UI clearly is Console crap. Controls are slugish and unintuitive if using M&KB. We can not choose wich AA we want to use. If they said that the game was developed with PC first in mind, then they lied, it's just that simple. The game looks and feels nothing else but a Console port. It's sad.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by hollibolli1970
Sad and lame.

Still have never pre-ordered a game. Came close this time. Looks like I made the right call once again.
Hope CDPR can de-consolefuck it back into a real game, but why should that even be a thing in the first place?
TheAlgerian: And like every poorly thrown together console port, not even a walk button on keyboard.
dedicado: And I just realized you can't bind arrow keys ... the 4 keys in the keyboard designed to be arrow keys, you can't use them.

I preordered one and a half years ago and took vacations to play, regret both
I ended up hacking into inputUserMappings.xml to rebind certain things not available in the game menu rebind system. I usually bind ALT to crouch and I also wanted open game Map to left CTRL and not M.

I also dislike the fact when I click left CTRL to open the map when I click that key again expecting to close the map and return to the game, nothing happens. I have to press ESC twice to get back to the game. Any key you rebind to open a screen such as inventory, journal, map or whatever when you press that key again it should take you back to where you were before you opened that screen.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Seefer