It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In the other 'not saving' thread Invisibalist gives us a workaround which "basically disables all mods/additions".

I'm just starting XIII and wanted to ask how important are the mods/additions? What do they do? Are they in 1.4 (without x), should i better play this 'saving-able' version? When comes last year promised 1.4.x patch?

Thank you.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by blaubart_del
The latest patch fixes the saving issue.

Mods are entirely dedicated to the multiplayer part.
Invisibalist: The latest patch fixes the saving issue.

Tanks, i 'm not using multiplayer.
Just tried 1.5 (2015), still no saving. Could not find any later version. Which 'latest patch' do you mean and where do i get it?
Invisibalist: The latest patch fixes the saving issue.

blaubart_del: Tanks, i 'm not using multiplayer.
Just tried 1.5 (2015), still no saving. Could not find any later version. Which 'latest patch' do you mean and where do i get it?
Just re-download 1.4.2 (which has been updated to 1.4.2.1) and you are ready to go with singleplayer.

1.5 is actually a different branch from 2009 and totally outdated. I recommend to reinstall XIII from scratch with 1.4.2 in case 1.5 messed anything up.
Thanks again! Found the Version here:
www.moddb.com/games/xiii/downloads/xiii-all-in-one-installer

There is no vers.number, anyway it works (saves) and wow, even savegames from vers. 1.4 (by_Opaquit) are accepted!

To give you sth. back i tried a bit around with normally not working cheats. If i manage to create some post here let's see...