It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does GOG Version of the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection supports LAN Multiplayer?Thanks for the info!
This question / problem has been solved by Nielzsenimage
high rated
OguzhanAlb: Does GOG Version of the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection supports LAN Multiplayer?Thanks for the info!
Hey,
unfortunately and for some baffling reason there is no LAN option available. Maybe that could be modded in later, but for now it's online-only on GOG Galaxy.
Cheers
OguzhanAlb: Does GOG Version of the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection supports LAN Multiplayer?Thanks for the info!
Nielzsen: Hey,
unfortunately and for some baffling reason there is no LAN option available. Maybe that could be modded in later, but for now it's online-only on GOG Galaxy.
Cheers
Aww that is bad. Thank you for your quick response! I will pass this one. Without LAN support It does not worth much for me..
Cheers
It's because they used the Steamworks version as a basis, not the retail GameSpy/LAN version.
Cheers
Plok_HR: It's because they used the Steamworks version as a basis, not the retail GameSpy/LAN version.
Historically the steam version had LAN support. They then chosse to remove it. I don't believe there was ever an official reason given for it.

It isn't that they can't, it is more a case of they explicitly chose not to give LAN support on GOG and explicitly stole it from those of us who owned the game on steam.
Plok_HR: It's because they used the Steamworks version as a basis, not the retail GameSpy/LAN version.
Mark-Mark: Historically the steam version had LAN support. They then chosse to remove it. I don't believe there was ever an official reason given for it.
Only before 2014, when they switched to Steamworks exclusively.
Yep. At same time same switch happn for Rome and Medieval2TW. But later patch Lan back. I guess not fully removed just menu string.
Here's a wishlist entry for LAN support, for those interested:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/lan_support_for_warhammer_40000_dawn_of_war_master_collection
The lack of LAN is a massive disappointment.
https://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_40000_dawn_of_war/gog_galaxy_only_multiplayer_what/post22

There is a fanpatch now.
<removed>
Post edited July 09, 2023 by apparition
And I encourage us dow player to at least make a backup for this lan fix patch, who knows if my drop box account would be gone someday?