It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,

as the subject says, how can I play DoW in 4:3? I have a 16:10 monitor with 1920x1200 resolution, and I don't like how the games (main game and Winter Assault so far) are stretching the picture automatically to fit the screen. I want the original screen ratio.

A forum and web search only got me "widescreen fixes" that do the opposite: fitting the original game to widescreen, but not vice versa.

Any help is appreciated.

edit: Never mind, it was my monitor stretching the 1600x1200 picture to 16:10. :-/
Post edited July 14, 2023 by V4V
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Yes your display. Not the game. DIsplay follow own and video driver settings.
Set Keep Aspect ration +forcing checkbox +integer scaling checkboxes wherever you find such options. Video driver(s), games, 3rd party wrappers, and if there such options - in display/monitor OSD menu settings or application.
I guess usually TVs (uded as monitors) provide kinda differ option - switcher between differ Aspect ratios, zoom, oversize by vertical/horizontal. Many variations but only few of them. Maybe there is just Normal and Widescreen switcer (didnt even tell which ones aspects that mean).

First it should be set in video driver, then in display. Only then in wrappers or game itself. Last think is resolution.

First DoW initially didnt have widescreen support. It was added with patches only for 16:10 (16:9 are cut from abive/down sides and zoomed in camera). Set 16:10 after setup video diver to Keep ratio should be ok.
If you want 4:3 original ratio (still native ratio better scaled than even 16:10) - 1280x960 or similar supported by your display (for 1920x1200 or 1080p this is maximum 4:3 supported, 1024p is non-native 5:4). It will be scaled properly to 12:9 for widescreens displays after you set Keep Aspect ratio. No dis-proportions, no smoothed soaped screen quality.

Dark Crusade and Soulstorm natively 4:3 or 16:10. Camera Zoom mod still required for 16:9 resolutions to restore original POV.
Post edited July 15, 2023 by QWEEDDYZ
Your graphics driver has a setting how to convert resolutions for the monitor.

Set it to "keep aspect ratio" or "no scaling".
For nvidia cards it looks like in the attached screenshot

Your monitor might have a setting for scaling as well.
Attachments: