It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

$20 or $80 are nothing compared to the value of the many hours we might put into this game. Seeing how DoW2 achievements have not been implemented on GOG yet, and most of us are buying these games for nostalgia, not for a comeback of DoW2 that isn't going to happen, is it too much to ask that all multiplayer and Last Stand achievements be stripped from the GOG version? These achievements require a level of competitive or random stranger engagement that DoW2 just doesn't have anymore, also the kind of time commitment most working adults don't have, especially if you want them to buy and play other games. I'd be happy to pay $10 extra for the satisfaction of getting 100% achievement in DoW2 by playing each campaign or mini campaign once. (I know there are a few SP achievements that are mutually exclusive, but I'll let those slide.)

Unless GOG is promoting Galaxy as a multiplayer platform.
Post edited July 08, 2023 by Unfallen_Satan
Unfallen_Satan: $20 or $80 are nothing compared to the value of the many hours we might put into this game. Seeing how DoW2 achievements have not been implemented on GOG yet, and most of us are buying these games for nostalgia, not for a comeback of DoW2 that isn't going to happen, is it too much to ask that all multiplayer and Last Stand achievements be stripped from the GOG version? These achievements require a level of competitive or random stranger engagement that DoW2 just doesn't have anymore, also the kind of time commitment most working adults don't have, especially if you want them to buy and play other games. I'd be happy to pay $10 extra for the satisfaction of getting 100% achievement in DoW2 by playing each campaign or mini campaign once. (I know there are a few SP achievements that are mutually exclusive, but I'll let those slide.)

Unless GOG is promoting Galaxy as a multiplayer platform.
I don't understand, are you asking for fewer achievements in order to see a 100% complete on the game? Why not just consider the game 100%? There are often bugged achievements in any platform so 100% is often not achievable, so I tag the games as "completed" and move on.

Isn't more achievements preferable compared to fewer achievements?

I thought GoG was pushing Galaxy as a multiplayer option.

I am one of the people who did buy both collections both for nostalgia, and to play multiplayer. Dow1 works with DowOnline, I still have not gotten Dow2 multiplayer working, but when solo queing in automatch I do see others in the queue who pop up, so maybe this works out of the box? It does seem to only count Galaxy players instead of the steamers, since GoG has great difficulty integrating the multiplayer pops. Perhaps we can get enough GoG players to jump in games to farm your achievements. I consider multiplayer an integral part of games with it, so would not consider to have finished the game without going there.
kongxinga: I don't understand, are you asking for fewer achievements in order to see a 100% complete on the game? Why not just consider the game 100%? There are often bugged achievements in any platform so 100% is often not achievable, so I tag the games as "completed" and move on.
I am. I thought hard about just consider bugged achievements to be 100% when deciding where to play Homeworld Remastered Collection but ultimately decided to play my copy on Steam. Where I have a choice, I want to see 100% instead of 99%.
kongxinga: Isn't more achievements preferable compared to fewer achievements?

I thought GoG was pushing Galaxy as a multiplayer option.

I am one of the people who did buy both collections both for nostalgia, and to play multiplayer. Dow1 works with DowOnline, I still have not gotten Dow2 multiplayer working, but when solo queing in automatch I do see others in the queue who pop up, so maybe this works out of the box? It does seem to only count Galaxy players instead of the steamers, since GoG has great difficulty integrating the multiplayer pops. Perhaps we can get enough GoG players to jump in games to farm your achievements. I consider multiplayer an integral part of games with it, so would not consider to have finished the game without going there.
I can appreciate where you are coming from. If we are looking to make DoW2 a viable multiplayer game on GOG, the achievements would help. At least some people would play more to grind them out. Although I wouldn't, I am not so crazy about the achievements as to deny the game a chance at a bigger community here.

I confess asking for fewer achievements is self serving. I already played DOW2 for hundreds of hours on Steam. If I could get 100% achievements easily on GOG, I might play some more here. Otherwise I have too many other games that need playing. I would only buy out of appreciation for a DRM-free copy of one of my most beloved games. I still have the old Games for Windows CDs.
Post edited July 09, 2023 by Unfallen_Satan
GOG Galaxy is online service. So it is - surprise-surprise - online.
GOG Galaxy is online client.

Achievments is online feature as well.

GOG promoting? From very beggining they did that for client. No promotion for galaxy-service. Its just replacment for steamworks.
QWEEDDYZ: GOG Galaxy is online service. So it is - surprise-surprise - online.
GOG Galaxy is online client.

Achievments is online feature as well.

GOG promoting? From very beggining they did that for client. No promotion for galaxy-service. Its just replacment for steamworks.
I don't mind Galaxy's being online. I have tested the offline installer of many games I bought and downloaded through Galaxy, and they have all worked. I read that the skirmish feature of DoW 2 doesn't work without Galaxy, but I also read that this has been the case for a long time. GOG has done a great job living up to the promise of selling DRM-free games for the most part. As long as offline installers continue to work without Internet and Galaxy, Galaxy is a great addition to GOG.

Steamworks is at its core a DRM system. No game using Steamworks will function without it, whether you are online or not. Although part of DOW2 depends on Galaxy like Steamworks, Galaxy is not Steamworks yet.