It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi!

In the game on the second map, which I've now replayed several times, Space Marines can't climb the stairs to structures to get at the CSM. ALso, the model for the dropship is a bit odd, most of it is missing.

This occurs no matter what zoom level also.

Truly hope there is a fix, really enjoying the game!

Thanks.
Trying these solutions and ideas in order :

https://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_40000_chaos_gate/animations_wont_play_out_mariens_wont_move/post17

Will update as I slog through. Thanks for any assistance!
nuieo805798345: Hi!

In the game on the second map, which I've now replayed several times, Space Marines can't climb the stairs to structures to get at the CSM. ALso, the model for the dropship is a bit odd, most of it is missing.

Thanks.
The dropship is not fully visible because You don't see all the layers of the map. The yellowish buttons (next to the zoom buttons) show and hide map layers for easier navigation. I think that should also help with going up and down on those stairs.
Attachments:
nuieo805798345: Hi!

Thanks.
Cpt_Cader: The dropship is not fully visible because You don't see all the layers of the map. The yellowish buttons (next to the zoom buttons) show and hide map layers for easier navigation. I think that should also help with going up and down on those stairs.
Thank you so much friend... I had no idea, wow... I was using frags hoping to take out the CSM etc., blindly lmao!

Can not believe I missed that. I have even made mods for a few games lol!

Must be really odd mechanic, never seen it before in all my years of gaming.

Thanks!

Edit:

I was wondering why there where posts about bugs etc., and suddenly all stopped. Obviously, the game got a fix and worked ok but nobody mentioned it in posts so I was at a loss . lol?

Thanks again!
Post edited March 16, 2024 by nuieo805798345
Cpt_Cader: The dropship is not fully visible because You don't see all the layers of the map. The yellowish buttons (next to the zoom buttons) show and hide map layers for easier navigation. I think that should also help with going up and down on those stairs.
nuieo805798345: Thank you so much friend... I had no idea, wow... I was using frags hoping to take out the CSM etc., blindly lmao!

Can not believe I missed that. I have even made mods for a few games lol!

Must be really odd mechanic, never seen it before in all my years of gaming.

Thanks!

Edit:

I was wondering why there where posts about bugs etc., and suddenly all stopped. Obviously, the game got a fix and worked ok but nobody mentioned it in posts so I was at a loss . lol?

Thanks again!
Sorry for not noticing your post sooner ! I try to come back to this forum from time to time, as I'm also still playing and modding the game, but the place isn't very lively, as you've noticed ^^'...
And yes, as Cpt_Cader explained above, you have to either use the different zoom level switches - a feature common in the era of the first X-COM titles - or make sure the "Autocut to character level" is selected (in the Options menu) and then adjust that level, from time to time, when it's not enough to display everything you'd like to see.
Beware, that "Autocut" feature can sometimes hide from your sight important elements, such as items lying on altars - but technically considered to be one level above that altar.