It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG:
We’d like to inform you that due to publisher's request, Ticket to Ride: Classic Edition and all its 10 DLCs will be delisted from our catalog on Tuesday, October 3rd, 4 PM UTC.

For everyone who purchased these titles prior to the delisting, they will remain in their GOG library.
STEAM:
Last call for Ticket to Ride: Classic Edition, travelers!

Dear ferroequinologists and railway enthusiasts,

With a mix of nostalgia and gratitude towards the community, we want to share some important news regarding the "Ticket to Ride" journey that we've embarked upon together. As we look back on the countless railway adventures we've shared, let us tell you a little bit more about what the future holds.

First and foremost, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you. Your passion for building tracks, collecting cards, and creating cherished memories has made this journey truly exceptional. Over the years, we've built a community of enthusiastic players who have turned this game into an unforgettable experience.

However, as time marches on, technology advances, and gaming standards reach new heights.
It has become increasingly difficult for us to ensure the best possible gaming experience for players of the classic edition of Ticket to Ride.
The engine on which the game runs was specifically developed for it, with its own technology - an engine which is not supported anymore by any of the platforms you can play the game on.
Thus, it makes it impossible to create new content for the game, to make any significant updates or ensure the game's stability.

If you're a big Ticket to Ride fan, your journey doesn't end here, though!
Marmalade Game Studio, Days of Wonder, Asmodee Entertainment and Twin Sails Interactive are excited to announce a new Ticket to Ride video game for PC, Consoles and Mobile.

This new game will be a reimagining of the classic edition that you've come to love. While we recognize that change can be bittersweet, we're confident that the new version will captivate you with its enhanced features, modern design, and even more immersive gameplay.
It will be releasing on Steam in November 2023, with the other platforms coming out in 2024.

The new Ticket to Ride game is being developed by Marmalade Games. Their expertise and dedication will ensure that the new version lives up to the high standards you deserve. We’re confident Ticket to Ride is in good hands.

Having played the board game for two decades now, we are honoured to be trusted with its digital implementation. We are building a modern game that we hope will be the bedrock of this fantastic brand in the digital space”, said Mike Willis, co-CEO of Marmalade Game Studio.

What about the current version?
The current version developed by Days of Wonder will be rebranded “Ticket to Ride: Classic Edition” in every store where the game is currently available.
It is important to note that this version of the game will be removed from all the stores from the 3rd of October, and in-app purchases, such as acquiring new maps, will no longer be possible.

While Ticket to Ride: Classic Edition will no longer be available for download from October 3rd, current owners will retain access to the game in their game library and can continue enjoying it without interruption. This change ensures that players who already possess the game and DLCs can play and experience the joy of Ticket to Ride: Classic Edition even after the version becomes unavailable for new downloads.

Thank you for being a part of this extraordinary adventure, and we look forward to sharing the next chapter of the "Ticket to Ride" saga with you.

The Ticket to Ride team

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How is the new edition of Ticket to Ride going to differ from the current Ticket to Ride: Classic Edition?
The game is being made by Marmalade Game Studio with a modern engine and a number of new features and improvements on top of your classic Ticket to Ride experience.
You can check Marmalade's website for a more in-depth explanation of the new Ticket to Ride features.

Can I still play the original "Ticket to Ride: Classic Edition" after it's removed?
Yes, you will be able to play the game in solo mode as long as the game is installed on your device. On the other hand, online multiplayer will be available for a few more months as we will keep the servers running for a last nostalgia ride!

Is there a way to migrate my progress to the new game?
Because the game will be running on a completely new system made by a different developer, progress won't be able to be transferred. For more information check Marmalade's website.

Do I need to buy the new game if I already own the current "Ticket to Ride: Classic Edition"?
Yes, but players of the old game will be given a code that they can use to unlock an exclusive reward in the new game.

My game won't launch anymore. Either on PC or on Amazon Fire Stick. You have done something that prevents this game from starting. Fix it.

edit: ok the gog version is starting again. But it was having the exact same issue. The game loads, goes to the start menu with the train and the guy holding a ticket, then hangs and crashes before the menu fully loads where you pick a game type. I had the same thing happen on GOG version just now, but on a restart just after posting it is at least loading the menu all the way.

Amazon version is still broken though. This is after uninstalling and redownloading from their store. As far as I can tell you people don't have a forum for this game. I will keep looking around for help. I contacted amazon support and they said they would do some support ticket thing and get back to me, haven't heard anything for a few days so that is unlikely to happen.

The way they have done this (with how mediocre and buggy the app has always been, and how it won't even launch on Amazon anymore) I will never buy anything from this company again, board game or app. A really awful mix of amateur work and greed.

edit 2: I got a refund for the amazon firestick version of this app. Support confirmed it does not work anymore. At least this version is still functional, minus the online which I never used so I don't care. Took some convincing to get the full refund since I bought it over a year ago, but they eventually saw reason and gave me my money back for something that the previous dev broke with a push update
Post edited January 11, 2024 by Lsneyd