It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

thelostdunmer: Encountered it on a previous install.

Fix (Completely uninstall game and delete The Witcher 3 directory under GOG, save you gamesaves!)

1. Install base game > patch to 1.22 > patch to 1.24 > patch to 1.30.
2. Install DLCs > patch to 1.30.
3. Install Heart of Stone > patch to 1.30.
4. Install Blood and Wine > patch to 1.30.

No errors. Game launches. Geralt kills.
I've been installing in that order, but when I get to the 1.30 patch for the base game it gives me the metadata error anyways. This is a fresh install (after the galaxy 1.30 update broke my game completely). However after closing the patcher and launching the game it tells me its 1.30 anyways. I installed the rest and loaded my old save and it seems to be working fine, who knows.
WTF GoG, get a grip. Do you think I have the time in my life to waste time fixing your game patching mechanics, or spending more time fixing and patching the game than I do playing it? And why the heck is the DLC not incorporated into the main game already?

I don't get paid to fix your mistakes I pay you to make sure I have a smooth experience, so please stop messing about and show some responsibility.

One more thing; Most, that buy here rather than steam, buy here to get away from the steam BS, and the last thing I want is more steam BS under a different guise, namely Galaxy.
Post edited September 02, 2016 by DazBoots
Same error here, but my game works.
Since it works I'm not worrying.
nex01: Same error here, but my game works.
Since it works I'm not worrying.
Do you have install any voice over pack before 1.30 ?
Install the voice pack for W3 after the 1.30, I do not have any error by doing that.
Ahem, anything new here ? If not, getting a tad disappointed with CD-Red here... a response would be a nice gesture
DazBoots: WTF GoG, get a grip. Do you think I have the time in my life to waste time fixing your game patching mechanics, or spending more time fixing and patching the game than I do playing it? And why the heck is the DLC not incorporated into the main game already?

I don't get paid to fix your mistakes I pay you to make sure I have a smooth experience, so please stop messing about and show some responsibility.

One more thing; Most, that buy here rather than steam, buy here to get away from the steam BS, and the last thing I want is more steam BS under a different guise, namely Galaxy.
They give you an option to have offline installer for their games without using the galaxy client if you so wish to stay away from platforms or fear of problems? Since galaxy is still in "beta"?
i think the problem here is, that H&S and B&W require specific 1.30 patch files, that aren't available on the gog downloaer page. as you can see, only the base game 1.30 patch is available there. this file applied to an installation with both expansions causes the error. i didn't even knew that there are specific patch versions for the expansions until i noticed them on the download page in the gog library. to my knowledge, this is a first and quite confusing for those who use the gog downloader. i mean... there are FOUR (!) different iterations of one patch. one for the base game, one for the dlc files and one for each of the expansions.

this problem should be addressed by releasing one cumulative patch consistent of all prior updates or at least add these necessary files to the gog downloader page. or save yourself some time and make the GOTY version installer available to those who already own the base game and both expansions. this is a clusterfuck.
Post edited September 14, 2016 by monotony
I have also experienced the, "vesion of metadata.store incorrect" on applying 1.30. However the game still runs fine. I have today attempted to apply patch 1.31, and I am informed that it does not support my version of the game, and to download a new installer. I did install all of the patches for the free DLC and both expansions.

Where do I go from here?
Sausageinabun: I have also experienced the, "vesion of metadata.store incorrect" on applying 1.30. However the game still runs fine. I have today attempted to apply patch 1.31, and I am informed that it does not support my version of the game, and to download a new installer. I did install all of the patches for the free DLC and both expansions.

Where do I go from here?
When you got the error message the game did NOT update, only got flagged as updated. You must start again from scratch. See my reply above in this thread, then apply the 1.31 patch.
The new patcher fixed it for me. Ty CD-Red, awaiting Cyperpunk.
I got the metadata error too when i installed 1.30 patch.
I fixed it by doing clean install of the game. with all the dlc's.