It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I tried the search option but didn't find anything, sorry if this is a double post. So here it goes:

Can I downgrade to 1.12 via GOG? I own the game on Steam but with the latest patch I'm experiencing fps drops left and right. Would consider buying the game on GOG IF I can play on 1.12.

Short answer? No.
Darn it! Thanks for the quick reply.
No, can't downgrade. I mean, technically you "can", but it won't recognize newer saves from the 1.21 patch, so you'll be forced to revert to an older save.

The game has a NASTY RAM memory leak. In less than an hour of play, it went from 900mb to to 3gb of usage and climbing. Last night, it hit 14gb and I got a windows warning while playing. I only have 16gb of RAM, so it takes longer. If I had 4gb or 8gb, it'd be much worse.

Play game for an hour, then bring up task manager and minimize the game while it's at the pause menu. Pull up task manager and look at RAM usage and compare against your system amount. If it's leaking like mine, you'll see performance issues once it gets high enough.

To answer the question about reverting though, IF you still have the original 1.01 patch, and say 1.03 patch, run the 1.01 patch again, and it'll be at day-1. Then run the 1.03 patch, or whatever is needed to get back to the one you wanted.
You can download 1.12 via gog galaxy, I believe. I downgraded to 1.12. But all saves from 1.21 are now incompatible.
If the patch installer gripes about the version number, you'll need to go back further to an earlier patch. I ran into this after trying to update the game after not playing it since last year.
Thank you guys, I'll give it a shot!
edit: 800mb left till I'm back to 1.12.1 :)
Post edited June 02, 2016 by moqui