It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

From day one, I decided I'd build my computer around the Witcher 3, and I finally finished it off a few days ago with a new EVGA GTX 1070. My specs are as follows:

I5-6500 3.20GHZ
16GB DDR4
Nvidia GTX 1070
Asus H170 Motherboard
Corsair 850W Power Supply

I've just started the game, and up to the point where I leave the tavern, everything ran smoothly (60fps or higher). However, once you get outside, I'm having some pretty annoying fps spikes where I'm loosing anywhere from 5-40 fps at random intervals (I've had occasion where I've run through with a full 60 fps but when I turn around and do it again, it starts spiking again). When I'm simply running around the nearby woods I'm getting 60+ fps, it's just White Orchard that's giving me issues. I thought my computer was powerful enough to run this at max and I'm convinced it still is. Is White Orchard just a crappy place for fps and there's nothing I can do about it? Or is there something that needs tweaking? I'd appreciate any advice you could give me.

Also of note, this happens even at low settings...LOW settings. So it doesn't appear to be hardware related.

*Edit: I may have figured out why, I think the cpu had too much stress and was causing the issues. I no longer have gog galaxy up among other things and it seems to have minimized my issues.
Post edited June 16, 2016 by psychmoose
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Have you thought about overclocking your CPU?