It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

domfather: right well i fixed it.. uninstalling galaxy and reinstalling the game is not what you need to do..so dont do that. glad i dident go ahead with it... what i did.. whent into the witcher 3 settings under "more" unticked game overlay. game worked.. whent back into settings ticked over lay..game worked..i have no idea why. but that is the solution for me. dunno about mods though. i wll try them now and see.
Which is a Galaxy failing!
domfather: right well i fixed it.. uninstalling galaxy and reinstalling the game is not what you need to do..so dont do that. glad i dident go ahead with it... what i did.. whent into the witcher 3 settings under "more" unticked game overlay. game worked.. whent back into settings ticked over lay..game worked..i have no idea why. but that is the solution for me. dunno about mods though. i wll try them now and see.
Hickory: Which is a Galaxy failing!
Yea but you said to unistall galaxy and the game which I did not do and iv got it working fine now. allso moding your game has nothing to do with the galaxy client..the game ran fine with mods prior to 1.22. so what is your point?
Post edited June 16, 2016 by domfather
domfather: so what is your point?
My point is that people quote Galaxy errors while at the same time saying "it's not Galaxy's fault". It's ludicrous.
Just got to add something to this and any other series of posts concerning the issue of "bugs":

I really would like to have a parrot with the only job to utter a few things, continuously:

- update your mods
- delete your outdated mods and scripts
- Galaxy >>>> hands off!

Honestly, the stubbornnes of some posters here do one thing only: the desire to help by providing a suiting answer is vanishing fast!

"Galaxy ruined this shitty update - but Galaxy is not to blame".

Please, start listening to yourself: two false statements in one sentence: neither is this update shitty, nor does Galaxy work as it is supposed to.

End of ramble :) ...
For the disappointment of some and my own personal happiness, I just got home, TW3 is fully installed and running from GOG Galaxy with both expansions and 1.22 installed without anything else to be done, other than restore my backup saved games folder into the proper location. In one go. I just uninstalled the game and let it reinstall from scratch through Galaxy. (which I did not uninstall at all)

I never said that Galaxy ruined this shitty update. I said I got a black screen loop when launching the game either from Galaxy or directly from "C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\witcher3.exe", which would be the install folder even if I used the physical DVD's to install it.

I get it that some people don't like Galaxy but after 1582 hours of gameplay since game release and ONE lousy issue with the install of BAW which was fixed in 10 minutes, I bet people with crazy mods have had a harder time to start the game than I did. I have not one bad thing to say about Galaxy. Can it be improved? Definitely. Should it be improved and the verify/repair function be functional again? Definitely. It gets stuck while "getting the file list". I won't be ironic or sarcastic as I might want to be. It is not a big issue. It can be solved by a number of easy steps.

Now, try playing Diablo 3 without the Battle.net client launcher and tell me how bad Galaxy is when it does not impose it on us to be used or game won't play at all. I can launch TW3 from the .exe. It is a CHOICE! And I chose to have it recording my achievement and game play time. That simple.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to play the game like a maniac like I did up to 7 mo ago when I halted my current playthrough to wait for BAW. But I'm working on that too. Thanks CDPR and GOG Galaxy team. It is a pretty decent piece of software and I like that I can choose to use it or not.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by RageGT