It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sorry if this has been dealt with on another thread, but i have downloaded the settlers IV from GOG but this error comes up when it is about to load a game. Any ideas please?!!
Post edited November 04, 2018 by Rebecca_Webb
Rebecca_Webb: Sorry if this has been dealt with on another thread, but i have downloaded the game from GOG but this error comes up when it is about to load a game. Any ideas please?!!
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_settlers_series/settlers_2_anniversary_edition_crash_to_desktop
thanks for this but it has not solved my problem. i don;t know a lot about computers and was hoping the download woudld have all the patches and fixes included. Any help for a notive greatly appreciated.
Rebecca_Webb: thanks for this but it has not solved my problem. i don;t know a lot about computers and was hoping the download woudld have all the patches and fixes included. Any help for a notive greatly appreciated.
It'd also help if you'd say WHICH of the Settlers games you're referring to...
Rebecca_Webb: thanks for this but it has not solved my problem. i don;t know a lot about computers and was hoping the download woudld have all the patches and fixes included. Any help for a notive greatly appreciated.
Plokite_Wolf: It'd also help if you'd say WHICH of the Settlers games you're referring to...
thanks, i realised this and have already edited my post.
Plokite_Wolf: It'd also help if you'd say WHICH of the Settlers games you're referring to...
Rebecca_Webb: thanks, i realised this and have already edited my post.
Make sure you've enabled DirectPlay. https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000027439/Activate-DirectPlay-or-DirectDraw-Direct-3D-on-Windows-10
Settlers 4 does not use DirectPlay, so is really not needed. If it would need it and it was not installed, then a Windows dialog would pop up asking, if it should be installed.

(BTW. DirectPlay has also nothing to do with DirectDraw).