It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi i just bought this game and it doesnt launch at all, i tried changing resolution, compatibility mode, HD patch and nothing seems to work.
SuperTimorrr: Hi i just bought this game and it doesnt launch at all, i tried changing resolution, compatibility mode, HD patch and nothing seems to work.
Same here. I have a Windows 10 laptop and this game USED to work just fine. After a few months and probably some Windows patches, the game doesn't launch at all wither from GOG Galaxy or using the SC3U.exe. I've tried all the compatibility settings and still cannot get it to launch.
Tried enabling DirectPlay?

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013811557-Delta-Force-2-Error-on-launch-The-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc0000022-0xc0000022?product=gog
Tried Boxedwine?
Yeah, I know. Sounds crazy that running a very small version of Linux to reverse echo system calls might work, but hey.
I experienced the same issue. I was able to get it to launch by using a "NoCD" executable. Given GOG's stance on "ownership," I hope it's okay to mention such things here. :)
I found 2 solutions for my environment (Windows 11).

(1) If you don't have any other local user account in Windows, create one.

Login as another user and you can run the game without any problem.

(2) If you prefer to run the game with your ordinary user account please read below. I found I could run the game with SYSTEM privilege.

1. Download "PsExec" from
/learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psexec

You will use PsExec64.exe only. Copy it to anywhere in your PC.

2. Create a shortcut to PsExec64.exe, open the property of it with right mouse button and edit Target like below.

<Path of PsExec64.exe> -sid <Path of SC3U.exe>

It is
D:\Tools\PsExec64.exe -sid "C:\GOG Games\SimCity 3000 Unlimited\Apps\SC3U.exe"
in my environment.

Click "Advanced", check "Run as administrator" and click "OK".

Rename the shortcut as "SimCity 3000 Unlimited".

When you open the shortcut, PsExec64.exe shows you "SYSINTERNALS SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS" only for the first time.

3. As for "Building Architect", create another shortcut to PsExec64.exe, open the property and edit Target like below.

<Path of PsExec64.exe> -sid <Path of Baapp.exe>

It is
D:\Tools\PsExec64.exe -sid "C:\GOG Games\SimCity 3000 Unlimited\Apps\Baapp.exe"
in my environment.

Click "Advanced", check "Run as administrator" and click "OK".

Rename the shortcut as "Building Architect".
Post edited March 01, 2023 by 葭谷実
henever I try to launch SimCity 3000 either from it's folder or from GOG Galaxy, I see the following entry in the event viewer/Application logs:

Faulting application name: GalaxyClientService.exe, version: 2.0.58.4, time stamp: 0x63d12374
Faulting module name: PocoNet.dll, version: 1.12.2.0, time stamp: 0x634404e3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00015e49
Faulting process id: 0x46bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d95b68546c4622
Faulting application path: C:\Games\GOG Galaxy\GalaxyClientService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\GOG Galaxy\PocoNet.dll
Report Id: f33bbfd9-c23f-428e-b748-cc77877245b9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Also, System logs has multiple entries for Service Control Manager:
Event 7034
The GalaxyClientService service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this X times.

So, while gathering these logs and attempting to recreate the issue (game fails to start), my resolution changed and I alt-tabbed and the game was there waiting for me to select an option (new, load, exit, etc).

So sporadic. Workaround is to retry it until you're about to give up and then try it again... strange.
Maybe it was the GOG 2.0.60.2 Beta update, but lately I've been able to launch SimCity3000 game successfully from within GOG Galaxy. This might be placebo, but holding CRTL while clicking "play" seems to help, but I do still see soe sporadic crashes when launching.

Event Log when it happens:

Faulting application name: SC3U.exe, version: 2.0.949.0, time stamp: 0x63732172
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2364, time stamp: 0xea5711f3
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00067b8e
Faulting process id: 0x5b1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d96001134912b7
Faulting application path: C:\Games\GOG Galaxy\Games\SimCity 3000 Unlimited\SimCity 3000 Unlimited\Apps\SC3U.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 0a79470e-2821-413d-9fe7-81b9aca5d689
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
it looks like the issue has been fixed for me as well. Back in March when I got my new computer with Windows 11, I couldn't start up SimCity 3000 and now I can start it up just fine. I'm going to enjoy it before it breaks again!