It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My laptop (HP Probook 6470b) has an Intel HD 4000 Graphics adapter.
Already installed the latest stable drivers for Windows 8 x64 from the Intel support website.
Intel graphics card settings are left on "default" (eg no changes made after driver installation).

When i start the game (ROTTLauncher.exe), the engine switches to full screen.
Sound plays, but no visuals get rendered. I can kill the process by switching to task manager.

I also tried low settings in the game launcher, but didn't help.
I think you're screwed man. I tried it on my Fujitsu Lifebook with the same video card and on a friend's DELL laptop with the HD4000. They all do the same as yours. It looks like you need a computer with a real video card. (IE; Geforce GTX 560)

To be fair, I am having trouble getting my FPS to stay above 60 even with all settings set to the lowest quality even with an HD7970 and Core i7
Sorry to tell you but minimum requirement is ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT, you might want to look in game launcher settings and turn off any physx settings to see if that might get you into game.

ragingchaos you might want to update drivers or something, I'm running a gtx460 on 1920x1080 with high settings and it's staying above 60 all the time.
I have ROTT(2013) running on my Samsung Laptop with HD4000 and it plays fine, med to low settings, but it works.

EDIT: I'd check your laptop drivers, that may help.

And @pwneboi, the HD4000 is better than the 8800GT by all accounts except Drivers. Performance wise, the 8800GT in not as good as the HD4000.
Post edited August 01, 2013 by Zacron
Pitty. Intel's HD series are not to say the best 3D game cards around, but they should be Opengl 4.0/Directx 11.0 compliant.

I can run Bioshock infinite on medium settings on this card.

Would just be nice to play ROTT '13 on a laptop.
cool, just found something to get it working. Loading times still do take some time after the changes (long black screen at startup). But you can play the game on a Intel HD 4000

> Open path:
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Rise Of The Triad\ROTTGame\Config

> make a backup of the ROTTEngine.ini file.

> edit the file ROTTEngine.ini

> Search for the entry [Engine.Engine]

> On the first next line, add this line:
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

> Search for [Engine.Client]
> Change value to
MinDesiredFrameRate=10.000000

> Search for the entry [FullScreenMovie]

> Change to TRUE:
bForceNoMovies=TRUE //i would think this skips the intro movies all together. Since they aren't played on my laptop i can't verify

> Then also comment these out (add a ";" in front of the line):
;StartupMovies=Apogee_intro
;StartupMovies=interceptor_intro
;StartupMovies=Raknet_Intro
;StartupMovies=UE3Logo
;StartupMovies=QconLoading

> Search [DevOptions.Shaders]
> Increase value:
NumUnusedShaderCompilingThreads=2 //you can increase this to 4 on a i7 CPU

> You can also increase value MaxOverallCacheSize to eg 64, found under [Core.System]

Now save the ini and launch the ROTT 13