It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank you for the Media Fire link. :-)
I followed the instructions and I can select the profile from the game options but the controller doesn't do anything in game for me. Is there a step I missed? Could there be a conflict in, I don't know, the config expecting the 360 controller to be a given device id and on my system it isn't because I have other game controller peripherals installed too (namely a virtual device that allows me to use my iPad as a racing wheel, it's of course not active right now but the software is ever present)? The 360 pad does work in other games as expected, but I occasionally have trouble getting it to work with certain older games, and I can't understand why. Like this one, and the fan run Phantasy Star Online most recently for example. I'm running this on Windows 7 64bit if that matters.

Edit: nevermind, I was at least partially right, disabling that virtual controller from the device manager made the 360 controller work in this game. This is a pretty good setup, I think I'll try to copy it for my Freespace 2 too, normally I play these flight games with pitch/roll on the left stick and yaw on the right stick which means I often miss having functions like the various side thrusters placed conveniently. This kind of setup is better even though I don't find it as good to have yaw and pitch as primary controls on the left stick, it probably makes sense for space as opposed to air crafts.
Post edited April 15, 2012 by Al3xand3r
This is great, unfortunately, it won't recognize my 360 wireless controller. Any idea why?

I think you had mentioned on an another forum that you were using a wired 360 controller so I can see that making a difference.
Does someone still have this profile? All links seems to be down at this moment. I am having a hard time to get the right axis to work :/

Thanks in advance!
Good flying!
Post edited May 20, 2012 by gsionek
Re-uploaded to Mediafire. First post updated, but here's the new link again:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0pqx50fcmgzv109

Edit: And a new Multiupload link:
http://www.multiupload.nl/X72Q9Z8YRJ
Post edited May 31, 2012 by dominicwhite
Great job mate, works perfect also for Saitek Aviator X360/PC joystick.
aww awesome man, remember last time i played this i looked everywhere for someone who had done a 360 pad setup and there wasn't one anywhere... after trying to play for 10min with the keyboard i ended up writing my own :D but you've saved the me hassle of having to do it again!

oh and check out www.i-war2.com/downloads.htm the custom jafs is great, allows you to change how many pods jafs is working on at once, and also spotted a force feedback mod at the bottom tho think that was for a previous version....
Post edited March 07, 2013 by uggima
Man I just downloaded this yesterday, realized I didn't have a joystick and the mouse didn't work.

So I downloaded a mouse.ini and it was really shakey and terrible.

Searched around the house for a joystick, found nothing, but I found some Xbox 360 controllers and thought why not try?...

Tried finding a way to configure a new ini file myself...and after going online find someone has made a ready to use ini for the xbox 360. What a great series of events. Now I can enjoy this game to the max
The right analog stick doesn't work for rudder inputs with this profile.
The triggers are either full throttle or full brake.

Anyone know how to do this?

I played this game when it came out and used to use a Logi FFB joystick with a twist rudder.Worked brilliantly.

360 gamepad, the right analog does nothing.

If someone can figure out how to roll with the right analog stick and have analog thrust with the triggers,I'd be grateful.
Post edited December 13, 2013 by Smasha
I've created my own mapping for the Xbox 360 controller if you'd like to try it out. Simply download and rename the attachment to "Mike XBox 360.ini" instead of "Mike XBox 360.png".

[edit]

Woops. I missed a few commands. Download again please.
Attachments:
Post edited November 20, 2014 by posfan12
Here is the reference card for my bindings.
Attachments:
Here's a newer version, including the control map.
Attachments:
Thank you guys! :)

I uploaded the profiles to the I-War website:

http://i-war2.com/downloads/category/29-controller-profiles
Post edited December 17, 2014 by schmatzler