It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I have bought the Gobliiins pack some years ago. In the past there was the option to install the floppy disk version of Goblins 3 (which has the better digitised music in my opinion).
I've now moved to a new PC (and Galaxy 2.0) and would like to install the floppy version of Goblins 3.

- I can't find a way to select the floppy version in the game's configuration screen.
- I can't find a way to select the floppy version in GOG Galaxy's game management screen.
- I can't find a way to select the floppy version on the games' goodies page (website).

Can anyone enlighten me on this? GOG Admins?

Thanks!
The floppy version files necessary to run it in ScummVM (no executable for true DOS or other emulators, sadly) are located in the FDD folder inside of the folder where you install the CD version of the game. There is no FDD-only install anymore (Galaxy or backup installer).

To run the floppy version:

If you want to run it from Galaxy: Go to the Goblins Quest 3 game page, press the MORE button (which is next to the PLAY button), go to the Other > option, and click Goblins Quest 3 (Floppy) in the submenu that appears.

---

If you want to run it from a shortcut: The backup installer (not sure about the Galaxy installation) creates a shortcut in the Windows' Start menu called Goblins Quest 3 (Floppy).

---

If you don't have that shortcut, or cannot find it, go to the folder where you installed the game and make a copy of the Launch Goblins Quest 3 shortcut that is located there. Now right click on the copy, click on Properties, and go to the Target field of the Shortcut tab. In that field, at the very end of what is already there, add -fdd.

The resulting Target field should look something like:
"[PATH TO YOUR GAME INSTALLATION]\scummvm\scummvm.exe" -c "..\goblins3.ini" goblins3-fdd

That goblins3-fdd tells ScummVM to run the goblins3-fdd profile contained in the goblins3.ini file, which is the floppy version, instead of the goblins3 profile, which is the CD version.

---

EDIT:

I just realized you were talking about Galaxy 2.0 and I'm referring to the regular one. I assume the options that are in the MORE button must be somewhere in G2.0, but I have not used it at all.
Post edited August 15, 2019 by Links