It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WinterSnowfall: pandorasBox.close()
Segmentation Fault.

Everyone knows that Pandora's box cannot be closed once it has been opened.
mk47at: Everyone knows that Pandora's box cannot be closed once it has been opened.
Please upgrade your reality engine to the latest version and try again!

Think of it as a LIFO kind of thing... you get to what is left at the very bottom, then you slowly start putting everything else back. It's a lazy/opportunistic process, but it shouldn't cause a segmentation fault.

FLW: It works for me.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by WinterSnowfall
I guess the Linux folk have been busy with this upgrade and its issue. I filled a teensy little bug with the Pillars of Eternity Deadfire DLC that renders it useless. A simple 'd' instead of a 'D' in Data in the path figured it would be a quick thing to fix.

Just in case anyone is playing through Pillars in anticipation of Deadfires release check the install directory its a super easy to spot issue.
Cusith: I guess the Linux folk have been busy with this upgrade and its issue. I filled a teensy little bug with the Pillars of Eternity Deadfire DLC that renders it useless. A simple 'd' instead of a 'D' in Data in the path figured it would be a quick thing to fix.

Just in case anyone is playing through Pillars in anticipation of Deadfires release check the install directory its a super easy to spot issue.
I could swear we fixed it not so long ago. Is it back with the latest download?
Cusith: I guess the Linux folk have been busy with this upgrade and its issue. I filled a teensy little bug with the Pillars of Eternity Deadfire DLC that renders it useless. A simple 'd' instead of a 'D' in Data in the path figured it would be a quick thing to fix.

linuxvangog: I could swear we fixed it not so long ago. Is it back with the latest download?
I'm pretty sure I have the latest, I do note however that there was a previous hotfix for Mac perhaps it was fixed there but missed on Linux? Or is Mac case insensitive, I've no idea

EDIT Oops just noticed a new version didn't notice the update due to there being no notice and the installer version number isn't on the download page(or mentioned on gogdb), sorry it would be mighty fine if you punch a update tag and add a changelog as it isn't entirely obvious there is an issue unless you know the DLC trader is located at Anslogs Compass.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by Cusith
high rated
linuxvangog: Will be glad to answer any questions that you might have :) And happy upgrades to everyone!

EDIT: As long as they are related to new Ubuntu version support and Linux games, of course.
To be fair, we are posting our profile related questions in the appropriate topic and seem to be getting stone-walled.

Containment in the right thread isn't going to last forever.
xyem: To be fair, we are posting our profile related questions in the appropriate topic and seem to be getting stone-walled.

Containment in the right thread isn't going to last forever.
Yes, posting all message on the garbage pile over there seems to be a complete waste.
So... when's GOG Galaxy coming to Ubuntu 18.04?
nightspirit322: So... when's GOG Galaxy coming to Ubuntu 18.04?
Good one. ;-P
Witcher 3?
I'm afraid nothing has changed in terms of our plans for Linux Galaxy client. It's not being worked on currently and there is no time estimate for when we're gonna take care of it. But yes, it will be done eventually.
toxicTom: Witcher 3?
Ok, now this has went south completely....

Then again, what else to ask? It's about linux, so usually what works - works, what doesn't - does not. Not much to ask except the missing linux variants of some games, galaxy, profile privacy and witcher 3...

Isn't it even a bit boring to have linux desktop nowadays? I mean, I didn't have to recompile my own kernel since like 2010, or something, boots in seconds, updates take seconds ... At least I had to install some win10 into VM due to my work, so I have something to take care off (although `rm -rf w10vm` treatment is planned at the end of the project).
ped7g: Isn't it even a bit boring to have linux desktop nowadays? I mean, I didn't have to recompile my own kernel since like 2010, or something, boots in seconds, updates take seconds ...
Yes, it is not as exciting as my stupid Windows 8.1 partition on my Desktop with it's “Firefox randomly crashing the NVIDIA driver” issues and the reboot orgies during driver updates.

ped7g: At least I had to install some win10 into VM due to my work, so I have something to take care off (although `rm -rf w10vm` treatment is planned at the end of the project).
You might want to throw in some syncs to be on the safe side. ;-)

–––

@linuxvangog: I'm wondering if you test games with different LC/LANG settings. I've encountered many problems (e.g. “Cook, Serve, Delicious 2” and “Stardew Valley”) with games that use Unity3d/mono on de_DE.utf8 that can be fixed by using LC_ALL=C, so it seems that they are cause by a decimal separator issue.
linuxvangog: Will be glad to answer any questions that you might have :) And happy upgrades to everyone!

EDIT: As long as they are related to new Ubuntu version support and Linux games, of course.
Well, we'd still like you to answer the questions we asked here.

linuxvangog: [...] it will be done eventually.
Eventually you said? Is that before or after the from_the_ground_up notification system for game updates?
Thank you for the continued Linux support!