It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Use cutting-edge FDI software to dig for clues, solve puzzles, and uncover the truth – in The Operator, now available on GOG with a -10% launch discount until August 5th, 3 PM UTC!

Time to clear your head, work through your hangover and start your first day as an Operator. There are plenty of cases to solve. Assist our field agents using your computer console and ingenuity to bring criminals to justice. Ready to make the world a better place?

Now on GOG!
GOG.com: Use cutting-edge FDI software to dig for clues, solve puzzles, and uncover the truth
Floppy disk imaging (FDI) to the rescue! Gotta save those classic games and uncover the truth!
Oh wow! I get to pretend I'm staring at a computer screen!? Man, games just get crazier and crazier! I just wish this was a VR game. You know, for greater immersion.
Many thanks to bizdev for this release. I didn't think it would have been accepted so quickly =)
Post edited July 22, 2024 by angelblue
While governmental symbols are typically unprotected and beyond copyright, I tend to find that one should at least take a few extra steps when making a parody unless yo do want someone knocking on your door.

Especially since 18 U.S.C. § 713 states:
that nobody can knowingly display any printed or other likeness of the Great Seal of the United States, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof.
So, GG. Change it to the Department (of) Environmental Investigations (DEI) and see how many people you can make angry.
GOG.com: Time to clear your head, work through your hangover and start your first day as an Operator. There are plenty of cases to solve. Assist our field agents using your computer console and ingenuity to bring criminals to justice. Ready to make the world a better place?
The graphics remind me of a much better version of Uplink: Hacker Elite. Onto my favorites until I can save up some funds.
Post edited July 22, 2024 by JacobSlatter
dnovraD: While governmental symbols are typically unprotected and beyond copyright, I tend to find that one should at least take a few extra steps when making a parody unless yo do want someone knocking on your door.

Especially since 18 U.S.C. § 713 states:

that nobody can knowingly display any printed or other likeness of the Great Seal of the United States, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof.
dnovraD: So, GG. Change it to the Department (of) Environmental Investigations (DEI) and see how many people you can make angry.
If that law article were taken so literally, lots of games and media would be geoblocked in the US. Relax :)
This looks like a game from my chilhood, Presumed Guilty. I am looking forward to playing this one.
paladin181: This looks like a game from my chilhood, "Presumed Guilty".
Talking of childhood games:
anyone remember "Crimes and Punishment" (1984)?

At that time, all my English was coming from a "German/English - English/German" dictionary, that lay beside my C64.
Made "speaking law" an interesting endeavour.

XD