It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...but they just can't kill The Beast.

<span class="bold">Homeworld: Emergence</span>, a stand-alone expansion to the beloved RTS, is now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Previously released under a different name, this campaign is set 15 years after the events of the original Homeworld and chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Kushan as they try to repel an unknown alien threat dubbed the Beast. If you're to neutralize its corruptive influence and save your new home, you must engage in fierce space battles against both the afflicted and the Imperialist Taiidani. Are you ready?

The 10% discount will last until June 29, 4PM UTC.
Don't forget to check out our huge <span class="bold">Homeworld series sale</span> which includes the rest of the saga, going for up to -66% for a full week.

NOTE: Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.

Watch the game's intro.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
A_Future_Pilot: Btw GOG, on the game description page you use the word "Hilgaran"...it should be "Hiigaran" with two i's, not an i and an L :)
They also need to fix the part that says "plant" instead of "planet."
Does Homeworld: Emergence supports widescreen resolutions? The ingame screenshots seems to have widescreen ratio but nobody has mentioned anything on the forum about this topic.
neaguali: Does Homeworld: Emergence supports widescreen resolutions? The ingame screenshots seems to have widescreen ratio but nobody has mentioned anything on the forum about this topic.
Yes, but not right out of the box. This is what I did:

1. Go to the game installation folder, right click "cataclysm.exe" then click on "Properties";
2. Click on "Compatibility" tab then check the box "Run this program as an administrator" then "Apply";
3. Run the game and go to "Options" and then "Video". On the left, select "(GL) Default OpenGL" and then select any valid resolution on the right;
4. Close the game and open "regedit";
5. Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sierra On-Line\Cataclysm";
6. Double click the key "screenDepth", select Base "Decimal" then change the value to "32";
7. Double click the key "screenHeight", select Base "Decimal" then change the value to to your screen height (1080, for example);
8. Double click the key "screenWidth", select Base "Decimal" then change the value to to your screen width (1920, for example);
9. Close regedit and play the game.
fwiw i would have paid more than $9 for cataclysm.
This is definitely a coup for gog as far as I am concerned.

Instabuy.
LootHunter: What I don't understand is how Blizzard could copyright "Cataclysm" in the first place, since Homeworld: Cataclysm has already been released before WoW?
tremere110: Trademarks are different from copyrights. Trademarks are used to prevent confusion in the marketplace. Trademarks automatically expire if they are not used or if the owner fails to renew the registration. The original 'Cataclysm' trademark expired on 4/4/2008 because of Section 8 - the owner let it lapse and it was cancelled. Blizzard registered 'Cataclysm' in two separate categories on 6/26/2009.

[EDIT] This only applies to registered trademarks in the US. There is also common law trademark which Homeworld: Cataclysm could still be protected by. It would be a viable defense against Blizzard in a court of law. Unfortunately it would also be a huge headache and is likely much easier just to change the name.
And even if GOG could take the case to court and win, would it really be worth the expense?
IMHO,since GOG is making it clearin the ads that the game is Homeworld Catlclysim with another title ,I don't think it's a big deal.
amcdermo:
ShadowWulfe: Welcome to korporate Amerika, comrade.
And another person who things he is a interener revolutionary, when all he is is a interente high school drama queen..or King.
Post edited June 23, 2017 by dudalb
dudalb: And even if GOG could take the case to court and win, would it really be worth the expense?
IMHO,since GOG is making it clearin the ads that the game is Homeworld Catlclysim with another title ,I don't think it's a big deal.
Well, it would have to be Gearbox that goes to court. GoG would have little to do with it just being the distributor. And yes - court and lawyer expenses would be a big part of that headache. Personally I would never enter into a trademark battle unless said trademark was integral to my brand. If Blizzard had trademarked 'Homeworld' that might a fight worth having. Otherwise a simple small name change just avoids the tremendous hassle involved.
When I saw this I was like "well, here goes my weekend..."
Insta buy! I love Homeworld, but I have never had original HW:C. And the one I managed to get, was barerly woring, so I finished only few missions...

Thank you, people on GoG.com, for another reason to love you!
GR00T: I believe the 'renamed to avoid confusion' is just a euphemism for 'our lawyers said if we call it Cataclysm, Blizzard will send a horde of their lawyers to descend upon us'. So, I'd still go with the 'fuck you, BLizzard' on that.

Actually, it's probably more a 'fuck our ridiculous copyright, trademark, and intellectual property laws'.
HereForTheBeer: I'ma wait for actual facts before sharpening my pitchfork and oiling my torches.
What, but you live in America where there are alternative facts, media lies and so forth. Surely you should be frothing at the mouth, rabidly sharpening you pitch fork and thrusting the blade under the bed in case there be evil.
Amazing work, bringing HW: Cataclysm back from the presumed dead. I still have my CD, but this is my preferred method of play.

PS: Appreciate it so much, and at such a reasonable price, that I grabbed Deserts of Kharak as well.
Great to see it, great to have it...

Shame it smashes into "Not Responding" the second the dev splash screens end tho...
HereForTheBeer: I'ma wait for actual facts before sharpening my pitchfork and oiling my torches.
deonast: What, but you live in America where there are alternative facts, media lies and so forth. Surely you should be frothing at the mouth, rabidly sharpening you pitch fork and thrusting the blade under the bed in case there be evil.
I play games to take out those aggressive feelings. ; )

I need to take a closer look at these titles. People here speaking highly and the screenshots sure look nice
It would be the most amazing thing ever if gog added homeworld remastered to gog connect. I made the mistake of buying it on steam before gog got it :(
Oddly, I consider Cataclysm one of the most Giger-esque games I've played (and i've played Darkseed). It's merely hinted at, through sounds and short clinical reports, but it really conjures stuff like https://tattooedphilosopher.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/giger.jpg in my mind.
> "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard

Fuck you Blizzard. You can't own a fucking word. I hope all your employees, former employees, and everyone who has ever played one of your games die, painfully, in a fire. I hope they all get invited to a London tower block which then "mysteriously" gets set alight, the doors locked, no way to escape. I'd be willing to suffer that just to watch them all burn.