It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Twenty years ago, the supervillains won. Since then, they’ve created a dystopian city where developing super powers is a crime; nobody has managed to slow them down, until now. Capes is a turn based superhero strategy game where you build a team of heroes and fight to take back the city – and it’s now out on GOG, with a -10% discount until June 12th, 5 PM UTC!

Played across a series of campaign and patrol missions, choose to push forward with the story or take the time to explore the side missions and unlock more heroes, earn skill points and complete challenges, and learn more about your heroes lives.

You wouldn't want to miss the gameplay stream on our GOG Twitch channel, we bet - so tune in today, at 7pm UTC!

You can now also get Capes - Supporter Pack and Capes - King City Edition – check them out!
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Achievements aren't listed as a "Feature" on the GOG store page, yet there is a section that same page which says "Popular Achievements."

So I assume it has Galaxy Achievements, but I can't really be sure.

I'm not sure why this game, if it does have them (and many others on GOG, too) doesn't clearly list "Achievements" in the "Features" section of the GOG store page.

Not doing so causes needless confusion, and more importantly for GOG and the devs/pubs, hesitation in buying from customers like myself who appreciate when feature parity exists and dislike when it doesn't.
The store pages seem to be a thing that's badly managed here, unfortunately. Once established, they seem to be left untouched, although they are full of errors, lacking information etc. :(
Lone_Scout: Combat is like a blend of Into the Breach and Xcom
You actually made me look at the game with this comment :)

Question: Does the game has constant cut scenes or hit animations like X-COM and can they be turned off?
Post edited May 30, 2024 by Dark_art_
Lone_Scout: Combat is like a blend of Into the Breach and Xcom
Dark_art_: You actually made me look at the game with this comment :)

Question: Does the game has constant cut scenes or hit animations like X-COM and can they be turned off?
Not as frequent as X-COM, but it has a bunch of cutscenes, but you can skip dialogue lines or the whole cutscenes easily.
VausG: The wallpapers and the art book in the extras section are not yet available for download, by the way.
This seems to be fixed.
Lone_Scout: From what I have played so far:

-No hit-chances. Combat is like a blend of Into the Breach and Xcom. Or like Druidstone.
-There are Galaxy achievements, but no in-game achievements.
-Graphics aren't top-notch. However, it has good optimization and linux and mac builds.
-Made with UE4

So, a bit pricey but worth purchasing if you are into turn-based tactical combat.
I dunno, Graphics look good to me. The Character looks that Steam reviewers Harp on are pretty obviously an artistic choice, it has a Freedom Force Vibe. The Environment looks pretty good imo. Only the Character textures could use a better resolution though.
Like the Graphic style better than that Marvel Freedom Force crap that came out some years ago.
Post edited May 31, 2024 by Reaper9988
Dark_art_: You actually made me look at the game with this comment :)

Lone_Scout: Not as frequent as X-COM, but it has a bunch of cutscenes, but you can skip dialogue lines or the whole cutscenes easily.
Thank you!
If they are skippable, my piqued interest it's still on.