It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Better get ready – because Alphadia I & II is now out on GOG, with a -20% launch discount until August 22nd, 1 PM UTC!

Step into the enchanting world of Alphadia, a revitalized epic fantasy RPG series that merges the first two titles, 'Alphadia I' and 'Alphadia II', into a single, captivating adventure.

You can also get:
Experience x3 - Alphadia I & II
ENP x3 - Alphadia I & II
Experience & ENP x2 - Alphadia I & II
Damage x2 - Alphadia I & II
Full Restore - Alphadia I & II

Now on GOG!
Okay, i got me this game... i have to admit this sin. Lets be honest, without me being a JRPG lover this game would be with absolutely zero chance attracting me... but this is the point, i AM a JRPG lover.

So i had in mind, even for the, lets be honest... overpriced price of 20+ (put your most valuable currency here) getting me this game... just because it was on GoG... without GoG release as well zero chance, and now i got me this game.

How was my impression? I can not judge the story part as i was entirely judging the technical aspect now, which is basically the most basic thing i expect from a "PC port" and it will show me the very basic of love... if this is well done or simply not well done at all. So far, my impression was not good at all because, whoot... i can not even run the game without those nasty "border-issues", a thing any capable game dev could fix rather quick... as they know their game, their game engine, how to tune stuff and whatelse. With this game, however... my current impression rather seems like "lets just make a cheap PC port as it will give us some more coins"... this is simply my impression.

I am not judging harsh on translation matters. i just hope it will stay true to the source, i feel no need for americanization or europe-adaption including unnecessary politics... for a game that is Japanese. So i got not all of the "usual problems" many fans seems to have.

For me the demand is way more simple, at least i want a proper PC port that is running fullscreen, nothing else. So, i am actually not pleased at all, even with a very simple demand. Now the game has been uninstalled and i hope it may still be fixed, who knows. I do not demand my coins back and whatelse... it is simply not my style. I rather would have one more proper game instead of more coins and if my coins may help the matter... it is of advantage.

Of course, i am autistic in many cases... nothing to hide here... so i focus on many specific details.

In general, this game was originally created on smartphones as far as i can say... with the typical mico transactions and even the PC ports got some of it in the form of "nasty cheat functions", which in fact had almost zero dev cost but may be able to grant some "easy money". Is it a cash crab? I can not say... because the customer base is that small... it may barely benefit them, but at least it may still grant a bit of revenue.

No matter the background, i beg for MORE love and taking the shape of this game serious... else it surely will never increase the customer base which is close to zero for valid reasons.

I also got me the limited run "Alphadia Genesis" on PS5 which is at least with proper fullscreen, guess Sony made them move their fingers a bit more else it may be revoked for release. So far i can not say if this is a good game but it surely may suit JRPG lovers with low demand on tech matters. Still... this is surely not the good old JRPG from those old days... Not that there is any need but at least it should show us the love of comparable 2D-RPG-games such as "Chained Echoes", "Ara Fell" and whatelse... which are not even Japan made but with way more love and true gems in their own class.

Currently this is not a worthy PC port at all with tech issues. This is simply my current verdict and i hope matters may still improve.

Currently i am not even playing those games because there are just to many other good games with higher priority... not finished playing it. To me, this is rather a matter of support, i just do not want those old school RPGs to die... and yet, with this slack attitude even my support my not help anymore, i am sorry.

A good example for a proper game of "this class" is "Heroines of Swords & Spells" and "Heroes of Spyria" which are the two best RPG Maker games out there and, actually the only RPG-Maker games i actually got in my game-archive (means they pass my quality demand). So, there are not many of them, not even on GoG (there are some accusations that GoG may have many of them and that they ALL are bad, both points are wrong), yet there are a few that are really good and way better than some of those "Kemco-games" i do not enjoy to admit... but simply true, to me. Why? Because they was made with LOVE and everyone with good senses will notice it instantly.
Post edited August 18, 2024 by Xeshra