It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everyone, I bought the game "Foundation" yesterday; but failed to launch it as it said to require OpenGL4.3.

My Intel Graphics 4000 only has 4.0, and though searching for an hour yesterday, I culdn't find anything to bring it to 4.3. Anyone a link for me, or is it not possible? According to my INTEL check, my graphic card is uptodate and needs no update...

Thanks for your support!!!
regards, jan
Rigo1981: is it not possible?
unless Intel update the driver then sadly not - right now that doesnt appear likely (ive just done a few searches and it appears stunted at open gl 4 as of about 2014).

Edit: you still have quite the potential library of games to explore that are compatible though. ;)
Post edited January 28, 2022 by Sachys
Rigo1981: is it not possible?
Sachys: unless Intel update the driver then sadly not - right now that doesnt appear likely (ive just done a few searches and it appears stunted at open gl 4 as of about 2014).

Edit: you still have quite the potential library of games to explore that are compatible though. ;)
Thank you Sachys, really sorry, as this game truly looks amazing...
Rigo1981:
Been there before as well (with an intel hd 4000 nontheless). I take it you are on a laptop?
Hardware-wise your GPU supports at most OpenGL 4.2 (which is what you get with that GPU on Linux). So even if Intel did update their drivers, you wouldn't get anything newer than OpenGL 4.2, unless they would emulate the missing features in software.

On Linux you would be able to pretend that the GPU supports 4.3 by setting an environment variable. If the game doesn't use any of the missing features, the game would then work just fine. I have no idea if you can do something like that on Windows. Might be worth checking, though.
Post edited January 28, 2022 by jpilot