It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm looking for a game that I used to play in my primary school in the early 2000s -a classmate of mine had brought it and installed it on our classroom's pc and we took turns playing it (Good times! :-) ). As per the topic's title, it was a platformer. Here's what I recall from it:

One could play it with 1 or 2 players. The first player looked like your average builder : yellow helmet, moustache, white shirt, work pants. The 2nd player was a karate-like dude with a green tracksuit and a white bandana (possibly with a red circle in the middle of it). The whole action took place in various levels that looked like contruction sites, and the enemies looked like business types ; some were bald, most with black hair and wore suits and sunglasses -some of them even talked in a cellphone. The player(s) punched/stomped the guys -I think the builder stomped and the karate dude punched, but I'm not certain. At some point there was a boss -a bad bald guy in a huge driller trying to destroy the contruction site- and his only weak point was to stomp him on the head, as the huge drilling machine made it impossible to hit him elsewhere.

Btw, in terms of design the sprites were rather stocky -contrarily to the drawing attached...
A further precision, in case it helps - the game could run on Windows 98 -that's the OS our classroom pc had...

I was thinking to post this for a while, but it's now that I finally decided to do it. Thanks in advance for any help I might get on finding out what that game was.

P.S. I personally remember all this stuff very clearly, like screenshots, but given that these screenshots are locked in my brain, I attach a very crude visual representation of what I just wrote (I was never good at drawing...)

P.S. Addendum:
Another precision (now that I recall the game further): There were multiple floors on at least some levels of the construction site ; certainly on the level where the drill boss was -because I clearly recall the boss moving on each floor and my trying to get on an upper floor than the boss to hit him more easily on the head, but maybe in other places too.
Attachments:
Post edited October 21, 2015 by Treasure
This question / problem has been solved by Chimericalimage
The only thing that comes to mind for me is Hammerin' Harry.. but I don't remember playing that with 2 players or on PC.
Smannesman: The only thing that comes to mind for me is Hammerin' Harry.. but I don't remember playing that with 2 players or on PC.
Indeed this isn't the game whose title I'm trying to find. However, the general background of Hammering Harry (the skycrapers and all that) is really similar to the one of the game I have in mind (no construction cones or mud/dirt though, from what I recall...). Guess it's stereotypical of games taking place in construction sites to have various city buildings in the background...

Another precision (now that I recall the game further): There were multiple floors on at least some levels of the construction site ; certainly on the level where the drill boss was -because I clearly recall the boss moving on each floor and my trying to get on an upper floor than the boss to hit him more easily on the head, but maybe in other places too.
So another difference it seems from Hammering Harry...
Attachments:
Miner 2000er?
InfraSuperman: Miner 2000er?
This isn't the one either. From the screenshots of 2000er's mobygames page, there aren't any enemies to be seen (plus, the goal of "Miner" looks like it is to repair stuff or something like that, while in the game I have in mind, it was mainly hitting the bad guys from stage to stage). Also, as I mentioned above, but admittedly my crude drawing didn't convey this very well, the character sprites are on the stocky side, and they thus look more like Hammering Harry than like the protagonist of 2000er.
I really can't think of anything else and now I have another game stuck in my head so thank you very much.
Bump
Based on the characters I would think maybe you are talking about Building Panic.

The main guy is called Doka-chan, and I think he is in a few different games. So maybe check other games with him in them too, if this isn't the right one.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Chimerical
Chimerical: Based on the characters I would think maybe you are talking about Building Panic.

The main guy is called Doka-chan, and I think he is in a few different games. So maybe check other games with him in them too, if this isn't the right one.
YES!! :D :D That's it! So glad you found it!

Btw, seems I remembered some details wrongly (e.g. I remembered the enemies wrongly and also had forgotten about the whole "painting walls" thing), but thankfully it seems I remembered the basic details correctly!

On another note, it also seems this game was a freeware since its conception, and I found it available for download on archive.org (its size is only 1.3 MBs which explains how our classmate brought it to school-obviously via a floppy disk). Replayed a few stages (it is compatible at least with Win7 64bits) and as a game it is more complex than I recalled, which means it also continues to be entertaining for my now-older self! :-)

So thanks again Chimerical for solving a more-than-10-year-old mystery of my gaming past and reuniting me with this great game! :-)

P.S. FYI, a review of the game, and [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/building_panic]here's the gog wishlist entry I just made. :-)
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Treasure