It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Accept the challenge of a satisfying physics-based first-person shooter influenced by Hong Kong action cinema and its heroic slow-motion mayhem. Maximum Action is now available as the game in development on GOG.COM with a 15% discount lasting until 26th May 2021, 1 PM UTC!

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
In development since 1996.

Nostalgiaheavy101: Really excited to see this one coming to GOG. I may have asked the dev to consider releasing it over here regarding the discord. BalloonMoose: "GOG actually does have support for Early Access games, it's something I'm looking into. may be able to release on GOG sooner than I thought." A bunch of other stuff from their discord like mod support too. Thank-you guys!
May your forum avatar always reflect the irony of this post.

(Incase it doesn't, for posterity, it's the PS1 logo.)
Post edited May 19, 2021 by kohlrak
That's came out of no where, wishlisted for later!
I would really like some sort of conclusive statement if/how mods feature in the gog version of this game. Has anyone here bought it? Would you mind uploading a screenshot of the main menu?
RedRagan: The moment I saw the graphic it immediately remind me of two games, N64 Goldeneye and No One Lives Forever.

I really want NOLF to be available on GOG.

Ooooh drama, spill the tea please.
David9855: Not much to it at least on a public level. New Blood hired artists for the game but is no longer involved with Maximum Action due to "creative differences" As a side effect, the game's soundtrack has reverted to the pre-NB version. People are... not happy. The new soundtrack is definitely a step back.

Currently the game has nine levels I think and an hour+ worth of game time so it's not the biggest game around. Hence why I hope it is great but I'll wait and see.
Oh I see, the ost is still important because it's designed to fit the atmosphere of that game. So even it's not much but the immersion and fun reduced a bit. Also since this is a small developer they can't just hire a new composer.
Saw a preview for this a while back and it looked great.

Will wishlist and keep my eye on it.
fronzelneekburm: I would really like some sort of conclusive statement if/how mods feature in the gog version of this game. Has anyone here bought it? Would you mind uploading a screenshot of the main menu?
I will buy it probably in the next days...

As much information I had gather, this game in original form has very tight connection with Steamworks, so this whole modding thing is questionable. I mean, not sure, if there is any mod support in the GOG version.
OP_2021: I will buy it probably in the next days...
On the one hand, I'd really encourage you not to (I'm not kidding when I say it really is pretty awful).

On the other hand, I'd really like you but it FOR SCIENCE! I'm curious about how mods work in this version, especially since mods constitute a major part of the content in this game...
So... I have sacrificed myself FOR SCIENCE! (⊙_⊙;) No, for the good of GOG users.
I also wrote a small "review" on the game page about the actual version (0.78).

I can tell you right now, that this game - at least in the offline vesion - doesn't have any mod support. I don't use GOG Galaxy so can't say for the version, what it does have and what not. The game page also doesn't mention any mods. Or am I blind?

I made a video, where I checked the menus, tutorial, character creation, a bit of gameplay etc. Look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU0t-7bkJWg

The core gameplay is there, I mean it is/can be fun, especially when you blow up stuff, things are flying around and so on. Physics seem good. There are some glitches here and there.

The weapons sounds are very good, very puncy! The music is ok for me (some say, that these are just generic tracks, the original soundtrack author left the project or whatever happened).

I don't have problems with the graphics, but won't say it couldn't be a bit more detailed. BTW: Dusk has similar, buy maybe with a bit more polygons?

The environment looks solid, at least from distance, I really like the coloring, the lights/shadows.

Is it worth trying? Definitely yes.
Anyway, I support the developer/s, so hopefully, that he/they will make further progress in development.
Post edited May 21, 2021 by OP_2021
OP_2021: So... I have sacrificed myself FOR SCIENCE! (⊙_⊙;) No, for the good of GOG users.
Thank you very much! This is really helpful!

So, if anyone wants a comparison with the Steam version, here you go:

As you can see from screenshot #1, the Workshop got removed from the main menu and has been replaced by the Scene Creator. So I'm guessing the level editor is still available for people to tinker around with. That's good.

Now let's move on to screenshot #2 and see what happens when you click on Workshop in the Steam version: Open Workshop, Custom Scenes, Discussione => REMOVED!

Screenshot #3 shows another removal in the Community section: Discussions (which is basically just a link to the Steam forum) has again been removed. I mean, theoretically this could have been switched for a link to the gog subforum, but I guess that would've been too much of a hassle.

Next up, the character creator. Identical to the Steam version, but serves as a nice illustration why I think this is an ugly game. The environments are okayish for a retro shooter, but the characters look like Lego figurines. As for customisation: There are a total of 3 (!) different face types (4 if you count the one with a balaclava - which is the one I usually use since it tends to hide the character model's ugliness a bit) and they're all equally bland.

Finally, another certain deletion: If you open the Sandbox Menu by pressing P, you'll get an option for Workshop Weapons. Since you'll probably have no way to access those in the gog version, here's what you're missing out on at the moment:
156 pistols
83 SMGs
73 shotguns
139 rifles
43 melee weapons
72 other

That's on top of missing out on 104 regular and 108 endless levels available via the Workshop...

All in all, that's a very definite thumbs down from me.
Attachments:
1.jpg (327 Kb)
2.jpg (329 Kb)
3.jpg (314 Kb)
4.jpg (180 Kb)
5.jpg (316 Kb)
Thank you too, for this excellent comparison of the original Steam version vs. the actual GOG version. It doesn't surprise me, that there are functions missing.

I do also understand, that some things simply wont/cannot be in the GOG version, like Steamworks, etc.
What bothers me is the following: I hope it doesn't get abandoned like it sadly happens with many games here on GOG from the side of their developers. :(

Well, we will see, how the development will go on.