It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bye, headset. we barely knew ye.

[well, i knew it for about three years.]

seeking replacement recommendations, please.

budget: $50-$100.
i'm deaf in one ear. so, 5.1 and 7.1 are lost on me. stereo's perfect.
i do let's plays. so the microphone picking up what i'm saying and being clear is somewhat important.
NEW ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT! i wear glasses. on-ear would work best. over-ear just hurts. :(

thanks, in advance.
Post edited November 23, 2015 by lostwolfe
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Funeral for a Headset sounds like a name for a indie eletro/pop band.

Anyway, I heard good things about the Seinheiser headphones, but I can't say about the cheaper ones.
I would recommend those based on some good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_2530385011?ie=UTF8&node=2530385011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Sennheiser

Good luck OP!
I am also looking for a new set (without microphone though). My old pair of headphones, Sennheiser HD 448, had great sound but the plasticky material turned out to be a lot less durable than expected (and I always take good care of my belongings). It didn't take long before the ear pads started crumbling and later on the damn headband slider suddenly snapped in half...
Post edited November 23, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
I have been using AKG 240K Studio for a couple years, think it's great. I like the fact that you can replace the cable if it goes bad but it don't have a mic. For mic you may want to look at ModMic that you can attach to any headphones, haven't tried it myself though.
neurasthenya: Funeral for a Headset sounds like a name for a indie eletro/pop band.
The connotation in my brain was noise (the music style).

@OP: Ever thought about a good stationary microphone?
I've bought a deskstand for my old studio mic I used as a singer in my old band.
The quality is better than with any headset, but I never use it.
Add some good earphones from Sennheiser and you're good.
Post edited November 23, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Alas, poor mic.
Before tinnitus/ hyperacusis knocked my door on 2004, I' ve been using AKG headsets (without microphone) for everything studio related. Great sound quality, good comfort, very good noise isolation. Not really sure if they make a headset with microphonge built-in though.

Though to be honest, I'm not sure if you can get good audio quality with those little microphones many headsets have, free of popping/ cracking or other noises.

My choice would be a condenser microphone with a pop filter. There are many choices out there for your budget, but you'll need to invest in either a soundcard with mic preamp or a separate mic preamp too.
i will go back and edit this in later, but i've realized i have one other requirement. [because i spent some time today with bad headphones that i didn't like much ;)]

i wear glasses. so, i'm looking for - preferably - an on-ear solution, because the current pair i'm using surround my ear and they end up being uncomfortable due to the glasses.

thanks so much for the suggestions, folks. i appreciate them very much.
Post edited November 23, 2015 by lostwolfe