It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: I want something that isn't centered almost totally on battle, does Total War have the politics, growth and stuff to any degree?
ElTerprise: Well the Total War games are all a combination of turn-based strategy with some politics, diplomacy and empire building (but less deep than the Paradox games) and real-time-tactics..but it's actually some time since i played Rome. But iirc it also had senat missions and great houses etc....
Sorry, I lost this reply in here for a bit. ;)
For some reason I've gotten hooked on early Roman Empire stuff, particularly as it relates to the 'birth' of Christianity.
I've found that stuff that ties the New Testament in with actual historical fact is quite rare.
If I could get some of it in a game it would most likely keep my interest longer.
Thanks.
high rated
moonshineshadow: I don't know what you are talking about :P
ElTerprise: Looking at the post from Endre i have difficulties believing that :D
Hmm... ok :D

But you are also strong with ninja gifting. Please everyone give some +1 to ElT
Ixamyakxim: Wow really? It truly could be Battletech - isn't FASA basically done for with no "real" rightsholders? And I know Harebrained was working on boardgames so it really could be...

Especially because (and I think I'm correct here) I'm pretty sure Microsoft owns Crimson Skies - I have a hard time seeing them giving up anything they own for no good reason.
It's possible. Not going to get my hopes up since it's such a tangled pile of shit regarding property rights, but considering how much I enjoy the Shadowrun series, I hope it does end up in their laps.

Also, given their strong showings, good sales, good Kickstarter totals, they could throw up a Kickstarter for new Battletech and the money would pour in.
They could start simple like they have with Shadowrun, go with the basics where the universe is slowly falling apart and Mechs are a comparative rarity after endless wars, avoiding the system bloat that came with adding dozens and dozens of new options, weapons, armor types, various components, along with hundreds of new Mech types, and they'd still have my money as soon as a pre-order was offered.
EndreWhiteMane: Sorry, I lost this reply in here for a bit. ;)
For some reason I've gotten hooked on early Roman Empire stuff, particularly as it relates to the 'birth' of Christianity.
I've found that stuff that ties the New Testament in with actual historical fact is quite rare.
If I could get some of it in a game it would most likely keep my interest longer.
Thanks.
Well although i'm not a religious person but that actually spunds really interesting. Can't remember if that's part of Rome though although i do know that the game ends around 14 A.D.
CarrionCrow:
Having a hard time deciding if I'd want a tactical wargame, including infantry, with a strong story driven plot and maybe some grand strat thrown in for good measure or an RPG where the "characters" were mechs, featuring customization with your said bloat of armor, weapons, systems etc ;) I think I might be getting a bit ahead of myself here...
CarrionCrow:
Ixamyakxim: Having a hard time deciding if I'd want a tactical wargame, including infantry, with a strong story driven plot and maybe some grand strat thrown in for good measure or an RPG where the "characters" were mechs, featuring customization with your said bloat of armor, weapons, systems etc ;) I think I might be getting a bit ahead of myself here...
Probable plot would be something along the lines of being part of a merc unit, since merc units have the flexibility in-story to go to different places, get between big employers, get drawn into intrigue, politics, backstabbing, revenge, all the usual story elements.
A merc unit would also justify why a unit could have access to a bunch of different options for unit composition rather than being stuck with one faction or another's usual troops.

Well, I know how the grand scale of it all would be, and I do mean grand as in "holy shit it's going to take years for them to make the game" - that would be Mechwarrior roleplaying game stats for characters, fully customizable Mechs within the rules set by the pen and paper books, and a gradual expansion of scale from being a piddly unit with 4 Mechs to their name, all the way to the point of controlling regiments and fighting for control of planets in massive wars, with both the option of micromanaging troops for every battle or fighting on a mass scale, while managing to weave in enough RPG elements that character skills would be useful beyond just upgrading piloting and shooting skill.

Fuck it, if I'm going to fantasize about what I want, it's going to be big. -laughs-
LaPtiteBete: Godd evening Crow !!! :)
You'll end up by owning every games of GOG's catalog :D
CarrionCrow: Thankfully not. I refuse to fall into that trap.
There's just a lot of stuff that I actually have an active interest in lately, rather than items that'll sit in my backlog forever.

Still want Serpent in the Staglands, and I want to do that at retail since it looks great and it was made by a whopping two people, Shadowrun Hong Kong is coming which I've wanted ever since I heard it was being made, I want Chaos Gate since I could never get the frigging thing to work when I tried years ago, Shadow of the Comet will be a purchase since it's Cthulhu horror that isn't a godsdamned bug-filled nightmare like Bethesda's piece of shit...

I could go on and on, but there's stuff that I actually have that spark of desire to play, rather than the feeling of consuming more sale items and adding onto the pile.
And you removed your wishing list ... because you use GOG wiki again ?...
You don't like GOG's wish list ? :)
I didn't see Serpent in the Staglands... looks cool... glad you didn't go on and on, my wishlist would have earned far too many entries :D hihi... seriously, I sympathize. I also have so many games to play, and not enough time... and always want to by more of them anyway :)
EndreWhiteMane: Thank you lovely Valkyrie person. :-)

More +1s for our NinjaMoon please?
On their way, Sir !!! >:-|
moonshineshadow: Yeah, I don't have as many games as you, but mine will also be enough for years. But collecting more is still fun :D
+1 +1 +1 +1 ... !!! and take this, too :D
Post edited July 21, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
EndreWhiteMane: Sorry, I lost this reply in here for a bit. ;)
Thanks.
ElTerprise: Well although i'm not a religious person but that actually spunds really interesting. Can't remember if that's part of Rome though although i do know that the game ends around 14 A.D.
I'm not religious either, more agnostic than anything. Just started reading up on the Romans and kinda added the Christianity thing in.
I think one could spend a lifetime on that and never really scratch the surface. But I have lots of spare time. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: I'm not religious either, more agnostic than anything. Just started reading up on the Romans and kinda added the Christianity thing in.
I think one could spend a lifetime on that and never really scratch the surface. But I have lots of spare time. :-)
I can imagine that. The whole later roman history is really interesting - and i'm a real history nerd :)
LaPtiteBete: And you removed your wishing list ... because you use GOG wiki again ?...
You don't like GOG's wish list ? :)
I didn't see Serpent in the Staglands... looks cool... glad you didn't go on and on, my wishlist would have earned far too many entries :D hihi... seriously, I sympathize. I also have so many games to play, and not enough time... and always want to by more of them anyway :)
EndreWhiteMane: Thank you lovely Valkyrie person. :-)

More +1s for our NinjaMoon please?
LaPtiteBete: On their way, Sir !!! >:-|
moonshineshadow: Yeah, I don't have as many games as you, but mine will also be enough for years. But collecting more is still fun :D
LaPtiteBete: +1 +1 +1 +1 ... !!! and take this, too :D
Must be a glitch, my GOG list is open to everyone. Left it that way even though I do prefer GOGWiki's way of handling things.

Little bit torn about that one. Since Endre was nice enough to mention that it's available through the developer's site, and it comes with more stuff than what you get on GOG, I'm a bit conflicted between wanting to support developers with every penny I can and wanting to support GOG as well.
Might end up buying that one twice, once directly and once through GOG, to cover both sides.

I'll be nice then and not start blabbing away about everything that looks interesting. -laughs-

And yeah, I know that feeling all too well. But on the bright side, it does keep my compulsion in check so I'm not thinking about spending ridiculous amounts of money on a console. I already have enough games to keep myself occupied for a very, very long time, so that knocks the idea of buying new hardware down the priority list quite a bit.
Evenoon, everyone...

Has anyone played Door Kickers? (Sorry if anyone has answered this already.)
Post edited July 21, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Evenoon, everyone...
For the love of all that is good and decent, do not ask me how I'm doing or I will burn your house to the ground. Do you understand me?

Now that we have that out of the way... Has anyone played Door Kickers? (Sorry if anyone has answered this already.)
ô__ô ............ no.
For the love of all that is good and decent, do not ask me how I'm doing or I will burn your house to the ground. Do you understand me?

Now that we have that out of the way... Has anyone played Door Kickers? (Sorry if anyone has answered this already.)
Adamnoon Agent ;)
Alright...won't ask...
No sorry haven't played it yet...
CarrionCrow: Must be a glitch, my GOG list is open to everyone. Left it that way even though I do prefer GOGWiki's way of handling things.

Little bit torn about that one. Since Endre was nice enough to mention that it's available through the developer's site, and it comes with more stuff than what you get on GOG, I'm a bit conflicted between wanting to support developers with every penny I can and wanting to support GOG as well.
Might end up buying that one twice, once directly and once through GOG, to cover both sides.

I'll be nice then and not start blabbing away about everything that looks interesting. -laughs-

And yeah, I know that feeling all too well. But on the bright side, it does keep my compulsion in check so I'm not thinking about spending ridiculous amounts of money on a console. I already have enough games to keep myself occupied for a very, very long time, so that knocks the idea of buying new hardware down the priority list quite a bit.
Ho... I can see it now. õ__ô ... GOG hates me.
Buying it twice ?... ô__ô ... good grief. But if you buy it here on GOG, you support both GOG and the developpers ? (even if they don't get as much money for a game bought on GOG... ?) is there a big difference ?...
But I like when you blabb...whatever, about interesting games ... I discover things I had missed :D
I agree... I'm also a PC gamer, even if I had some cosoles I hardly ever play (except from handle ones) :)

Has anyone played Door Kickers? (Sorry if anyone has answered this already.)
*welcome hug*
Don't even have that game so no ;-)

LaPtiteBete: I agree... I'm also a PC gamer, even if I had some cosoles I hardly ever play (except from handle ones) :)
Consoles can be great. I have our family WiiU at the moment and love it :D
Post edited July 21, 2015 by moonshineshadow