It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Necroking is a turn-based tactics roguelite with vast deckbuilding – and it’s coming soon on GOG!

You play as a Master of Necromancy. Build your skulls deck, rise skeletons and other scum to defeat settlements desecrated by life.

Wishlist it now!
GOG.com: Coming soon: Necroking
is a turn-based tactics roguelite with deckbuilding
Not my thing...but into the forum with you, nonetheless.
GOG.com: Necroking is a turn-based tactics roguelite with vast deckbuilding – and it’s coming soon on GOG!
The game page says:
Real-Time Tactical Gameplay. Engage in intense battles where strategic decision-making and quick reflexes are key.

Not exactly my definition of turn-based. Not my thing.
high rated
"stunning pixel-art graphics"

Come on. Just... just come on. There's marketing bullshit, there's being delusional, and then there's having your head so far up your own ass you can lick your tongue.
"I don't like green eggs and ham.
I don't like them, Breja-I-am."

Although that would imply they would eventually start liking the stuff about which they're yelling at the clouds. Yeah, fat chance at that. Heh.
P-E-S: "I don't like green eggs and ham.
I don't like them, Breja-I-am."

Although that would imply they would eventually start liking the stuff about which they're yelling at the clouds. Yeah, fat chance at that. Heh.
Really? Would you call this "stunning pixel-art graphics"? I wouldn't bat an eye if someone described Owlboy that way, or Loom, maybe even Dead Cells. But this? These are "serviceable pixel graphics". And there's nothing wrong with that (if someone likes this kind of thing or if the rest of the game makes up for the visual mediocrity). It's just trying to sell it as as some masterwork that makes it looks silly and shabby.

Heh.
Post edited July 31, 2024 by Breja
This game is trying to compete with Loop Hero for graphics so indistinct and fonts so unreadable that you can't interpret the game state. :/
Breja: "stunning pixel-art graphics"

Come on. Just... just come on. There's marketing bullshit, there's being delusional, and then there's having your head so far up your own ass you can lick your tongue.
Yeah, I can't believe they said that. There IS such a concept and there are indeed games with stunning pixel-art graphics. This isn't it (in the common parlance of "stunning" meaning "good", not "stunning" meaning "stunned awestruck with how bad they are").
Post edited July 31, 2024 by mqstout
Vampires... Shall... Rule the World! (The last unbreath of the last skeleton after its skull was detached by a morning star)

I mean, there are actual pixel artists like Mark Ferrari but they're an exception, not the rule.

This looks more like someone took the wrong ideas from Dwarf Fortress Premium and then said, "No, too much color while we're at it."
As soon as I read that, I bought popcorn, leaned back, and went to the forum looking for your post. You didn't disappoint. :-D

And well, in this particular case, I agree with your judgment, although I wouldn't have necessarily chosen the same wording. The graphics would be considered ugly even on the 8-bit computers of yestercentury (whose I'm a big fan and user).
This game's pixel art isn't stunning, but I kind of like it. Not too simple, color palette looks good... could pass as an "artistic vision" instead of "cutting corners", despite being the latter.

I was enjoying the teaser video until I unmuted it and my ears were attacked by musical slop excused as chiptune. They definitely cut corners there.