It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amazon prime offers Assassin's Creed Origins for free in September 2022.
You must link your prime account to your Ubi account to claim this game.
I refuse to do business with Ubisoft in any size, shape or form as long as they continue with their plan of locking people out of their legitimately purchased >offline< DLCs.
yay.
AustereDreamX: I refuse to do business with Ubisoft in any size, shape or form as long as they continue with their plan of locking people out of their legitimately purchased >offline< DLCs.
Is this about the news from earlier this year where it turned out they just discontinued some online services
for some older titles which was completely misreported by the media (shocker).
I'd have thought you'd take offense with the way Ubisoft supposedly treats their female employees, but hey
must have priorities ;)
The sad truth is the list of developers/distributors you can take no offense with is shrinking every year...
Have you seen the state CDPR released Cyberpunk 2077 in for consoles?
I think you'd have to go to independent studios to still find a white vest in the business.

Also since you don't like Ubisoft and the game is free (with prime) you really oughta stick it to the man
by taking it :)
renegade042: Is this about the news from earlier this year where it turned out they just discontinued some online services
for some older titles which was completely misreported by the media (shocker).
Those news aren't that old, from what I've read they were supposed to cut these services today but decided to postpone it till 1st October, most likely because of all the backlash they are getting. I don't know why are you trying to downplay it, shit like this is big step towards bleak future of gaming where corporations do what they want with their customer base without even a pretense of decency. And I'm afraid this bleak future isn't limited to just gaming industry.
renegade042: I'd have thought you'd take offense with the way Ubisoft supposedly treats their female employees, but hey
must have priorities ;)
To be completely honest I didn't hear about it, could you post a link towards some article about it? Still, one does not exclude the other, just another step toward the bleak future I mentioned.
renegade042: The sad truth is the list of developers/distributors you can take no offense with is shrinking every year...
Have you seen the state CDPR released Cyberpunk 2077 in for consoles?
I think you'd have to go to independent studios to still find a white vest in the business.

Also since you don't like Ubisoft and the game is free (with prime) you really oughta stick it to the man
by taking it :)
I wholeheartedly agree. Still, I believe cutting away the access to DLCs people purchased takes the cake here. It's literally stealing. I guess you could say that it was mentioned in ToS that they can do it any time, but still it's freaking scary to see it being exercised before our own eyes.
AustereDreamX: I wholeheartedly agree. Still, I believe cutting away the access to DLCs people purchased takes the cake here. It's literally stealing. I guess you could say that it was mentioned in ToS that they can do it any time, but still it's freaking scary to see it being exercised before our own eyes.
Same goes for movies that you can buy in their digital form on AP.
That's the reason, why I never bought a movie in that form, nor ever will.
BreOl72: Same goes for movies that you can buy in their digital form on AP.
That's the reason, why I never bought a movie in that form, nor ever will.
Exactly. One can say whatever they want about physical copy era, at least we really owned stuff back then. Digital, not so much, even on GOG I'm afraid. Still, on GOG at least I can make a backup copy and burn it to DVD to make my own hard copy.

All things considered I'm afraid the future of both games and movies, and even books, is streaming, and I hate it.