It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
HU : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5_oM3Ow_CI
Linus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYp6pEDm4E8

if u have a pcie 3 only mobo, then youll get even more lower fps -_-
Does feel like it was released on the assumption that people starved for a graphics card and don't want to pay the inflated prices of mid-high tier cards will buy it. Have seen reviews and most say to stick with the 5500Xt or even a GTX 1660 which are more readily available (but still overpriced in my area anyway)
de__vito: if u have a pcie 3 only mobo, then youll get even more lower fps -_-
It's bewildering how far some are pushing the boundaries of mediocrity at the moment. Reality check : If you have a PCIe 3.0 motherboard then this $300 6500XT (3.0 x 4) graphics card has one quarter of the available PCIe bandwidth of a 6 year old $99 GTX 1050 2GB card (3.0 x 16). I know there are ongoing GPU shortages, but this is getting intelligence insulting...
BrianSim: 6500XT (3.0 x 4)
Oops! Should say 4.0 x 4.
Of course, if your processor or motherboard only supports lower, the graphics card is pulled down to that level.

Definitely not a card to buy unless you have PCIe 4 or 5.
Post edited January 19, 2022 by Themken
Heh, it is just one major disappointment after the other, though nvidia's low tier seems to be decent enough, their high tiers are of course an unspeakable disgrace.... becoming.
high rated
Well... the good news is we finally have a new card that's not very appealing to crypto-miners.

The bad news is that it's not very appealing to anyone else, either.
low rated
GPUs are dead.
just don't buy it

director of ASML said he expecting chip will be in high demand for at least 2 years
also keep in mind Nvdia is a growth stock with the interest rate rising and people not consuming graphics cards
they decline and will be forced to normal prices
BrianSim: It's bewildering how far some are pushing the boundaries of mediocrity at the moment. Reality check : If you have a PCIe 3.0 motherboard then this $300 6500XT (3.0 x 4) graphics card has one quarter of the available PCIe bandwidth of a 6 year old $99 GTX 1050 2GB card (3.0 x 16). I know there are ongoing GPU shortages, but this is getting intelligence insulting...
So who is the target audience? What gap/problem is the card suppose to fill?

Typically in production you can have two of three: Fast, cheap & quality. It's safe to say quality is probably dropped, but that doesn't answer who this is for, or why.
Yeah i'm still waiting on decent apu's; but i'll probably just get an amd whatever next gen due to high cache for dwarf fortress :D :D who needs graphics :P
rtcvb32: So who is the target audience? What gap/problem is the card suppose to fill?

Typically in production you can have two of three: Fast, cheap & quality. It's safe to say quality is probably dropped, but that doesn't answer who this is for, or why.
I picked Cheap & Quality. Went for a WX 3100.
BrianSim: It's bewildering how far some are pushing the boundaries of mediocrity at the moment. Reality check : If you have a PCIe 3.0 motherboard then this $300 6500XT (3.0 x 4) graphics card has one quarter of the available PCIe bandwidth of a 6 year old $99 GTX 1050 2GB card (3.0 x 16). I know there are ongoing GPU shortages, but this is getting intelligence insulting...
rtcvb32: So who is the target audience? What gap/problem is the card suppose to fill?

Best I can assume is legit those desiring a new graphics card and want it for video streaming aswell as low end gaming granted I assume it would be a decent enough work gpu but I don't know

Though side note this reminds me of the late 90's early 2000's where a supposed gaming graphics card was destroyed by the tech outlets and newpapers so bad that the reviews done legit said that the Graphics card(I forgot the name and model of it atleast to the level I need to look up the name to be sure) was saying it was not worth anything in terms of even low end gaming but would make a great business graphics card for the price and the features it had at the time
Also speaking of odd nonesense gpu situations anyone recall when for some reason a Gaming GPU had a fm radio feature that as it sounds was legit made to pick up fm radio for people to listen to the radio that way? I bring this up as this gpu matter reminds me of the same baffled feeling I get with that.. A sorta''who is these cards marketed for'' As both this new one and the one I mentioned are odd ones in the current market
BanditKeith2: Though side note this reminds me of the late 90's early 2000's where a supposed gaming graphics card was destroyed by the tech outlets and newpapers so bad that the reviews done legit said that the Graphics card(I forgot the name and model of it atleast to the level I need to look up the name to be sure)
Probably the Nvidia FX5200, that got heavily slated (I own a passively cooled PCI(not express) one for my silent win 98se box but I knew what I was buying into.) it sucked vs other cards of the era but for pre XP era games I find it sufficient and you can get them dirt cheap.
Post edited January 20, 2022 by serpantino
Abishia: director of ASML said he expecting chip will be in high demand for at least 2 years
also keep in mind Nvdia is a growth stock with the interest rate rising and people not consuming graphics cards
they decline and will be forced to normal prices
My fear is this goes on long enough that more and more people start relenting and paying $1,000 for $500 cards, and both nVidia and AMD wonder why they aren't always charging more. After all, we got to $500 mid-range cards because nVidia tried it out and people went for it.