It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

will this be payed after 01/08/2024 ? if not why is it advertised as a giveaway on gog ?
joyrider3774: will this be payed after 01/08/2024 ? if not why is it advertised as a giveaway on gog ?
Yes, it will remain free. I think its just one more way of advertising the game.
joyrider3774: will this be payed after 01/08/2024 ? if not why is it advertised as a giveaway on gog ?
pippo-san: Yes, it will remain free. I think its just one more way of advertising the game.
i see, advertising something free as a giveaway seems a bit weird to me. You fool people into thinking they get something free thats normally payed, unless it included the required game needed for this mod
Post edited July 25, 2024 by joyrider3774
My guess? To add a little bit of FOMO advertising; if not, maybe the developers reached a timed exclusivity deal with GOG.

If you go to the official mod website you can only find reference to GOG as the official distribution center
Attachments:
faq.png (37 Kb)
Post edited July 25, 2024 by Zuo Kalp
I wouldn't doubt it...

I haven't played it yet, but I'm happy to see a project of this size, made by dedicated fans.

I'm not a lawyer, but I imagine that BGS, having all rights to the franchise, could even monetize this work in some way, and share part of the revenue with the creators, something that would be really cool to see. After all, they (BGS) already do something similar in their mod store, right.
Ok I'm confused, do you need Fallout 4 to play this, or is the giveaway the complete package? If it's not and you still need to own Fallout 4, then what is the giveaway for? Free files you can get anywhere else?
ZIGS: Ok I'm confused, do you need Fallout 4 to play this, or is the giveaway the complete package? If it's not and you still need to own Fallout 4, then what is the giveaway for? Free files you can get anywhere else?
Fallout London is a "MOD" like many others, what differentiates it is the scope, a "little" bigger (ambitious). So yes, you need to own the main game (Fallout 4 / paid) to be able to play.
ZIGS: Ok I'm confused, do you need Fallout 4 to play this, or is the giveaway the complete package? If it's not and you still need to own Fallout 4, then what is the giveaway for? Free files you can get anywhere else?
EV_Gamer: Fallout London is a "MOD" like many others, what differentiates it is the scope, a "little" bigger (ambitious). So yes, you need to own the main game (Fallout 4 / paid) to be able to play.
That's what I thought so what exactly are they giving away? Mods are already free by their very nature, they made it sound like they were giving something playable for free and that's not true
Well, I'm in the group that is happy with the current offer and I'm not going to wait to find out.

As I like and own FO4 here from GOG, I've already downloaded this one for when I can perhaps play in the near future (bugs permitting, of course).
Post edited July 26, 2024 by EV_Gamer
I got it too but I own Fallout 4 on Steam and that's where I'll play Fallout London (obviously). This "giveaway" is borderline a scam, you can't give away something that's free. What the hell were the GOG team thinking? Honestly it comes across as a way to "encourage" people to buy Fallout 4 on GOG too, specially considering how it's even easier to configure than the Steam version... really shady stuff imo
Well, we can only decide with what we know, right, it's free and available today, after that I don't know.

Maybe that's just marketing strategy, maybe not.
EV_Gamer: Well, we can only decide with what we know, right, it's free and available today, after that I don't know.

Maybe that's just marketing strategy, maybe not.
i think after the giveway it will just go into its own little mod corner,
EV_Gamer: Fallout London is a "MOD" like many others, what differentiates it is the scope, a "little" bigger (ambitious). So yes, you need to own the main game (Fallout 4 / paid) to be able to play.
Wrong it is actually a game