It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi!

I installed the game over the GOG Galaxy client, when I try to start it there the play button just turns grey for a moment, it synchronzies but the game doesn't start. When I try to start the game from the EoCApp.exe I get the problem code 0xc000007b.

I tried some of the solutions the internet gives: I made sure that DirectX, .NET framework and Microsoft Visual C++ are up to date. I don't know what else to do.

I use Windows 10. If you need more information, just tell me :)

Thank you very much for any help!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
thivilt42: 0xc000007b
Try reinstalling the 2013 MS VC++ redistributable.
C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Dependencies\__redist
or https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

If that doesn't help, in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, try right clicking the 2013 redistributable entries (32 bit and 64) and select Uninstall and then Repair. If you still get the error after that, right click again and uninstall, reboot and reinstall, then test the game from the executable.

Tom's Hardware has a guide for this (written for Win 7/8 but most should be applicable to Win 10, as well), or check out this one.

A post in a Win 10 forum reported fixing this by manually replacing some dll files (as does Tom's guide, as a last resort).

One person with this error in D:OS 2 reported that uninstalling Skype fixed it and (after installing the Microsoft Universal C Runtime to fix a dll error) got the game working. He had used the Dependency Walker program to look at the D:OS 2 executable, and found that for some reason the system was trying to access dll files in the Skype folder, rather than the system folders.
Another person with this error code that tried it found no such issues.

After starting the program and opening the EoCApp.exe game executable, right click the window and select 'show full paths' (or hit F9), then check the list of dlls; most should be in C:\Windows\System32, possibly a video driver folder under c:\Windows, or the game's install folder.