It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As we all know, the game requires the size if "itself" to apply the patches; i.e. game size roughly 50GB => it needs that amount again to apply the patches.

If you're low on SSD space or just have smaller driver, here's possible solution.Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but here it goes:
- windows supports the concept of "links" on the file system, i.e. you can make a directory on drive E:\foo and then make D:\foo be linked to it, transparently to (most) software
- so the solution is to go to your installation and move the "!Temp" in the root to another drive where you've enough space
- create the linkfrom there to where you moved it from
- run updater / profit

Doing the links AFAIK is possible with regular cmd.exe, but I just prefer to use https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html for it. Served me pretty well in the last 10 years.

HTH
I love mklink and use it all the time, this should be stickied. In truth, it should be faster copying to a different drive (not partition on the same drive) than copying to the same drive.
To be honest they should make this an option in Galaxy to specify some Temp dir for such cases when you dont have enough space on disk with game.
It's also draining too much host writes with each update in my ssd. Earlier today I checked it with CrystalDiskInfo and I noticed I already got 1251 GB of writes while the SSD is relatively new and most of the writes comes from this game. Now I'm checking again and It's already at 1328 GB of writes after updating and playing for a few hours.

Maybe It could be worrying if this game updates too much and too quickly. And don't take me wrong, I want they fix all the bugs and such, but not at the cost of my new SSD. I'll keep an eye on it for sure.
rfc: As we all know, the game requires the size if "itself" to apply the patches; i.e. game size roughly 50GB => it needs that amount again to apply the patches.

If you're low on SSD space or just have smaller driver, here's possible solution.Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but here it goes:
- windows supports the concept of "links" on the file system, i.e. you can make a directory on drive E:\foo and then make D:\foo be linked to it, transparently to (most) software
- so the solution is to go to your installation and move the "!Temp" in the root to another drive where you've enough space
- create the linkfrom there to where you moved it from
- run updater / profit

Doing the links AFAIK is possible with regular cmd.exe, but I just prefer to use https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html for it. Served me pretty well in the last 10 years.

HTH
are you using a symbolic link? doesnt work for me. maybe im doing something wrong.
Please rfc can you make a tutorial of it?
Post edited December 12, 2020 by AdamWarlocke