It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

First of all, I have to thanks CDPR for allowing us Win7 users to play their great game rather than locking it up behind the Win10 Artificial Exclusivity that so much of the game industry is endorsing right now.

So, with that in mind, will Win7 need any additional 3rd party software or codecs to run CP2077? I've always heard that DX12 only works on Win10. Does CP2077 uses Vulkan or has a DX11 version for Win7? I just wanna know before I buy so I can get the proper updates or software installed beforehand.
Hello,

CyberPunk 2077 on P.C. uses DX12 for it's primary rendering A.P.I. in the M.S. Windows operating system. Microsoft was essentially forced to back port DX12 to Windows 7 for reasons beyond explanation here. DX12 is required for Windows 7 to play. The developer has the option to ship the required .DLL files for DX12 with the game so that M.S. Windows 7 users can run the application. DX12 for M.S. Windows 7 cannot be stand alone downloaded. It is packaged as part of the game that requires it.

Other than that it appears so far the only other requirements are a few Microsoft Visual C redistributable packages that are automatically downloaded by the GOG application and silently installed when you first preload the game or run the game for the first time. Hope this helps.

4K11R4: Hello,

CyberPunk 2077 on P.C. uses DX12 for it's primary rendering A.P.I. in the M.S. Windows operating system. Microsoft was essentially forced to back port DX12 to Windows 7 for reasons beyond explanation here. DX12 is required for Windows 7 to play. The developer has the option to ship the required .DLL files for DX12 with the game so that M.S. Windows 7 users can run the application. DX12 for M.S. Windows 7 cannot be stand alone downloaded. It is packaged as part of the game that requires it.

Other than that it appears so far the only other requirements are a few Microsoft Visual C redistributable packages that are automatically downloaded by the GOG application and silently installed when you first preload the game or run the game for the first time. Hope this helps.

Hot damn! That's great to hear. Finally a game (Yes, I know WoW did it first, but that was back when Win7 was still supported) that will break that ridiculous conception that DX12 NEEDS Win10 to run. Guess I'll be buying it now!
Thanks a lot for the info.