It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I mean... Vulkan IS much better than DX12, yes.
It was really weird that CDPR didn't use Vulkan (well, thats maybe because Microsoft push them to their crappy DX12) because you know free-DRM+Vulkan that would be the ideal mix of use the software whatever and wherever you want.
KentGAllard: I mean... Vulkan IS much better than DX12, yes.
I've heard it takes more work to use, but I do hope more game designers start using it.
I'm switching to linux shortly.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by ast486
Tony064: It was really weird that CDPR didn't use Vulkan (well, thats maybe because Microsoft push them to their crappy DX12) because you know free-DRM+Vulkan that would be the ideal mix of use the software whatever and wherever you want.
It's about the $$ not the software. Hell if it was about software we would be happy. 9 different versions of this game... enough said!
Tony064: It was really weird that CDPR didn't use Vulkan (well, thats maybe because Microsoft push them to their crappy DX12) because you know free-DRM+Vulkan that would be the ideal mix of use the software whatever and wherever you want.
smuggly: It's about the $$ not the software. Hell if it was about software we would be happy. 9 different versions of this game... enough said!
No.

You don't have to have 9 different builds to use 9 different rendering methods.
You build them all into the one game.

Take a look at Control for a recent example of lots of options.
smuggly: It's about the $$ not the software. Hell if it was about software we would be happy. 9 different versions of this game... enough said!
Each time this is brought up the amount of versions keeps increasing, that's curious.

Currently there are only three versions released: XOne, PS4 and PC. No, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro don't have their dedicated versions. But even if\when they get them, it'll be a patch that ups some of the limit on those, not an entirely separate port. PS5 and Xbox Series currently don't have their own dedicated version either, but when they do... it's most likely to be a patch, not a separate port.

Them saying they had to juggle like seven different versions, it was an exagerration at best.

Also, they were the ones to take it upon themselves to create those versions, so the point is moot.
KentGAllard: Each time this is brought up the amount of versions keeps increasing, that's curious.

Currently there are only three versions released: XOne, PS4 and PC. No, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro don't have their dedicated versions. But even if\when they get them, it'll be a patch that ups some of the limit on those, not an entirely separate port. PS5 and Xbox Series currently don't have their own dedicated version either, but when they do... it's most likely to be a patch, not a separate port.

Them saying they had to juggle like seven different versions, it was an exagerration at best.

Also, they were the ones to take it upon themselves to create those versions, so the point is moot.
Agreed They should have done PC first next gen 2nd and then worry about regular consoles. If they did that and stopped promising everything on a certain date the game may have had a starting chance.
KentGAllard: Each time this is brought up the amount of versions keeps increasing, that's curious.

smuggly: Agreed They should have done PC first next gen 2nd and then worry about regular consoles. If they did that and stopped promising everything on a certain date the game may have had a starting chance.
It was clearly made decision by a non technical advisor for the sake of shareholders etc a Marketing Consultant etc, CDPR don't skimp on patching the whining needs to stop it's pathetic.
smuggly: Agreed They should have done PC first next gen 2nd and then worry about regular consoles. If they did that and stopped promising everything on a certain date the game may have had a starting chance.
Actually they did focus on PC first; that was a mistake.

They should've done the complete oppostie: got the game perfected on "last-gen" (that only became last gen last month) consoles first and then upgraded it for PC and next-gen.
KentGAllard: Actually they did focus on PC first; that was a mistake.

They should've done the complete oppostie: got the game perfected on "last-gen" (that only became last gen last month) consoles first and then upgraded it for PC and next-gen.
Agree to disagree then. I always go for the hardest first.
smuggly: Agree to disagree then. I always go for the hardest first.
A somewhat admirable trait, but not the most practical when building something. When building a house, you don't start it out with a penthouse, you start with a foundation and work up from there. Same principle applies here.

GTA V was released on PS3 and Xbox 360 first and sold like hotcakes and received no end of praise on those platforms; it was the same year PS4 and Xbox One were released.
A year later it was released on PS4 and Xbox One and once again sold millions upon millions of copies and got praise from every corner.
Next year it's released on PC and once again became one of the most prominent releases of the year. It didn't stop the PC version from being technologically advanced and looking better than the console versions, just as it didn't stop the PS4 and Xbox One versions from looking way better than the initial PS3 and 360 release.

But that's only because GTA V was made by a company that knew what it was doing.
Determined Ah a good trait. I defer to your Expertise!
I'm in Maintenance It's my way and burden to be hard headed!

I must agree about ROCKSTAR they know how to make games.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by smuggly
This.
KentGAllard: Currently there are only three versions released: XOne, PS4 and PC. No, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro don't have their dedicated versions. But even if\when they get them, it'll be a patch that ups some of the limit on those, not an entirely separate port. PS5 and Xbox Series currently don't have their own dedicated version either, but when they do... it's most likely to be a patch, not a separate port.

You're forgetting NVIDIA GeForce Now and Stadia.
KentGAllard: Actually they did focus on PC first;

PS4 and Xbox One have been last gen for years. They are obsolete. Even PS5 and Xbox Series X are already superseded lol.

CDPR are a PC dev first and foremost. Why are they even bothering with seven year old console hardware? Money? Well you can see all that money they made is being refunded. So they (the investors and suits) chose greed over a quality product. I don't see them recovering from a big fuckup like this.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by REG2012
REG2012: This.
KentGAllard: Currently there are only three versions released: XOne, PS4 and PC. No, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro don't have their dedicated versions. But even if\when they get them, it'll be a patch that ups some of the limit on those, not an entirely separate port. PS5 and Xbox Series currently don't have their own dedicated version either, but when they do... it's most likely to be a patch, not a separate port.

REG2012: You're forgetting NVIDIA GeForce Now and Stadia.
KentGAllard: Actually they did focus on PC first;

REG2012: PS4 and Xbox One have been last gen for years. They are obsolete. Even PS5 and Xbox Series X are already superseded lol.

CDPR are a PC dev first and foremost. Why are they even bothering with seven year old console hardware? Money? Well you can see all that money they made is being refunded. So they (the investors and suits) chose greed over a quality product. I don't see them recovering from a big fuckup like this.
I like this line of reasoning. Cyberpunk 2077 was actually made for 2077 hardware. It says so in the title, yes.
I was simply illiterate.
I have a high end PC, and CP2077 was actually fun to play for me besides some annoying bugs and immersion breaking AI. I have my disappointments, but there aren't many open world games out there, so I think it's worth the price. The modders will make some cool mods as well so I think this game's future isn't so dark for PC.

Imo people are mostly upset cuz CDPR advertised many features in the past trailer videos and didn't deliver them in the actual game. Also, what happened to console would be recorded as a historic disaster in the gaming industry.