It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I recently bought a SSD. After I got the new drive installed I uninstalled cyberpunk from my hdd and used my offline copy (version 1.06) to install to my ssd (drive D in this case). I just downloaded the 1.1 patch using the offline tool. Problem is when I try to install it it says it can't find the game. I think it's only looking on my C drive. Is there a way to get it to install on my D drive, or will it only look for the game on my C drive? I tried to just use Galaxy to update but it's trying to download the 54gb day 1 patch which since I'm already using version 1.06 would be a downgrade. Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by Singular_Fungi
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Singular_Fungi: I recently bought a SSD. After I got the new drive installed I uninstalled cyberpunk from my hdd and used my offline copy (version 1.06) to install to my ssd (drive D in this case). I just downloaded the 1.1 patch using the offline tool. Problem is when I try to install it it says it can't find the game. I think it's only looking on my C drive. Is there a way to get it to install on my D drive, or will it only look for the game on my C drive? I tried to just use Galaxy to update but it's trying to download the 54gb day 1 patch which since I'm already using version 1.06 would be a downgrade. Any help would be appreciated.
That's strange - I haven't installed 1.1 patch, but other patches have no issue to find the game installation directory - no matter what drive the game is installed on. Perhaps when you uninstalled some of the registry data stayed behind - so worth looking/searching with regedit.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by midrand
Singular_Fungi: I recently bought a SSD. After I got the new drive installed I uninstalled cyberpunk from my hdd and used my offline copy (version 1.06) to install to my ssd (drive D in this case). I just downloaded the 1.1 patch using the offline tool. Problem is when I try to install it it says it can't find the game. I think it's only looking on my C drive. Is there a way to get it to install on my D drive, or will it only look for the game on my C drive? I tried to just use Galaxy to update but it's trying to download the 54gb day 1 patch which since I'm already using version 1.06 would be a downgrade. Any help would be appreciated.
midrand: That's strange - I haven't installed 1.1 patch, but other patches have no issue to find the game installation directory - no matter what drive the game is installed on. Perhaps when you uninstalled some of the registry data stayed behind - so worth looking/searching with regedit.
I used regedit, and the uninstallation had left some registry data in the old folder. I have deleted it and am still getting the message "Game installation could not be found. Please reinstall." Good suggestion though, was worth a try, thanks.
Update for anyone else having a similar problem:

I was able to get Galaxy to update the game properly by renaming the main game folder while Galaxy is shut down. Starting Galaxy so that it removed Cyberpunk from my library. Shutting down Galaxy again and renaming the folder back to the original "Cyberpunk 2077". Then starting Galaxy again and re-adding it to my library. I don't know if the offline updater will work now or not. I won't get a chance to check that until the next update. Will update this post again after I get a chance to check that out.
Post edited February 06, 2021 by Singular_Fungi