It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

midrand: ok - that's a bit different with the Valve case you mentioned as that spoke to the right to resell what you bought.
sanscript: I see them as related because it shows how consumers are more protected in relation to EU vs US.

So yes, there might be a better chance here to sue CDPR for false advertisements, and not really let people refund (but it's more complicated because Sony denies refund and wants to keep all the money for themselves, and all the responsibility might fall on CDPR)..

And as I said, in US many of these types of cases have been dismissed, mainly to protect the company, rather the customers/consumers, and also the fact that it is difficult to prove in a court (again, depending of the judge).
ok - again, I don't see how gamers / customers can hope to have more than just a refund. It's a product, it's not functioning properly, your best case outcome is a refund. Investors (shareholders) can have more recourse based on false information.
Zanderat: Let's see if I got this right. They very same investors who pressured them to rush development to get the game out before Xmas are now suing them because it is buggy and not selling as well as anticipated because it was released too soon?
Sounds like the vultures from competition are behind this push...
I see people here, commenting as if nothing is proven.

CDPR management admited that they gave out wrong information, hid problems and more, on purpose, so that the game could be released. This is called FRAUD.

This is more than enough for investors and stock holders to start a lawsuit against, at least, the management level of the company.

The devs should start their own class action lawsuit against the management as well. Their job and whole life can go up in smoke.
Chessala: This is more than enough for investors and stock holders to start a lawsuit against, at least, the management level of the company.
Fraud is a criminal offence, not a civil offence. If they actually had evidence of fraud they wouldn't need to sue, they just hand it over to the local PD and let them do the work. I don't think Poland places a legal obligation on companies to make money for the shareholders, so if they were to sue I think the only thing left would be negligence, but that's considerably harder to prove.

Also worth remembering that you can launch a lawsuit against anyone for anything, and even if a court refuses to hear the case, you'll still get an itemised bill from the lawyer for filing and time.
Archonsod: I don't think Poland places a legal obligation on companies to make money for the shareholders
How about telling lies to investors?
Chessala: I see people here, commenting as if nothing is proven.

CDPR management admited that they gave out wrong information, hid problems and more, on purpose, so that the game could be released. This is called FRAUD.

This is more than enough for investors and stock holders to start a lawsuit against, at least, the management level of the company.

The devs should start their own class action lawsuit against the management as well. Their job and whole life can go up in smoke.
Hopefully they're not crushed I would like more content and to see this platform grow and not implode.
InfiniteClouds: Wah, poor devs, wah horrible management story ad nauseum.

You know what I blame the management too -- for not firing at least part (if not all) of the development team ages ago. Please cry about how 8 years and millions of dollars wasn't nearly enough for the staff that actually makes the game to make the game.

If the game was announced in 2012 and you're management you should be having quarterly, bi-annual and annual reviews of the development process. If the 'product' was in the current shape it is now in 2016 after 4 years of development you need to start cleaning house. If you're going to shed tears for someone shed them for skilled programmers who might have relished the opportunity to work on a project like this but couldn't because those positions were filled by the folks who gave us this after 8 years.
Yeah, normally in SW things go wrong for bad management decisions.