It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,
first I have to say, that I dont have bought the game.
Not because of the "bug" state of it. As some one who has played Star Citizen, this game should look and feel finished too me : D

I havent bought it, because of the marketing.
Articles, news and videos and such were popping up everywhere. Especially since Keanu Reeves was pushed out on stage.
As he was the next Jesus or something.
(can you kill his character in the game or prevent being ghosted by him? I really would skip this entirely if I would be able too).
After that there was something I've read about different big well-known youtubers who provide voicelines or something.
Alright, obvious marketing decision is obvious here:
Big youtubers have a big loyal fanbase. So with integrating them you would also enlist a heck-ton of their fans. At least I believe that this was the thinking behind it.
Otherwise they would have gone with more unknown "underground" tubers for surprise/ cameo roles.
But since this is stuff Ive just read a couple of weeks/months ago, I cant say if it is true.

Then the next stomp on my "excitement" of the already on the ground laying game:
The raw, unfinished and obviously faulty incomplete state.
Nothing to add more here, so I skip that.
By that i decided to get it for just ten bugs (haha, that was the joke and you havent laughed!) as complete edition. With all the already planned DLC stuff.

But that was killed, when I heard and saw that Kojima has a role in it.
Another giant marketing checkmark. Put some bloke in, with a cult-followship to generate more buyers of your product. And because these are loyal, only a small percentage of them will refund it (side effect now, not planned)
I really hate Kojima with his big ego and bad games he makes (tried to play different MGS titles, finished none. Except for one: MG Survive), but that is now only a side note.

With that big marketing behind it, it was suspicious, it still is. And I dont like products, which aren't marketed as the product they are, but for the people behind it. The coffee machine which is marketed by Clooney, some trucks marketed by van damme and so on. It becomes shallow on an instant.

If you dont have trust in your product, why should I?
If you put checkmarks into it, just to grab their cult follower, why should I subscribe to your religion?
Wouldnt I be mad doing so?
Giving up my integrety like all the magazines and press media who gave highest ratings for something not only in a faulty satte but also in a really bad shape with different mechanics (Cars cant even honk or evade an obstacle in their way, Items need to be sold one by one, NPCs go in ducking mode randomly by some unknown triggers, npcs doing nothing, police spawns just right out of sight instead being transported in via vehicles... standards of the industry)

I just cant, and I wont ever pay for this.
Otherwise I would prove that I lost my mind.

Im sorry for the devs, and by no means I want to comit any harm to them or even point anger at them. A dev doesnt make many decision (I guess) of that kind.
They try to make their job: making and delivering the product some higher up wants to put out.
Developers never deserve hatred.
Attachments: