It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Empty roads almost everywhere, but when you watch any road from distance, there are roads full of cars.

I was in desert once morning and just watched distant road (about 0,5 - 1 km far) and I saw there tens or hundreds cars driving both directions.
So I decided to see them closer, because even inside the Night city is rare to meeet some cars on highways, or other roads... I jumped on my bike and drove on the same road I watched... and... NOTHING...
There was maybe one, or two cars and when I watched each direction, about 200m far all arriving cars just disappearing and do not pass closer that those 200m.
I have set Crowd density to High, but it does not affect much even walker what I see, even cars probably not at all.
This is one of strangest things in CP2077 which reduce credibility of living world.
It´s like someone´s affraid to let those cars appear closer, because disaster may happen? Or just some bad/wrong customizing/setting inside the game itself made by developers?
Hmm, maybe this setting has no effect in-game? I mean, try to change in the main menu, then load save.
Might be set to the overall system performance: based on graphics card, cpu , ssd etc. Unsure what the problem would be, outside of wether you have a low medium high end system.
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
32GB RAM DDR4
GTX 1080
HDD (not SSD)
Game updated to 1.05 (but it does same before too)
I will attach screens of my settings, but I´ve got fps between 45-60 with this settings everywhere. I don´t think this would cause such problem. This "empty roads/cars disappearing" problem I have anywhere in game does not matter where I actually go/drive.

And last 3 screens are how it looks in the game...
I marked with the line, where all cars disappear and to my position it make one, maybe 2, but not from that point where all disappearing, but only when I turn head elswhere and back, then some car appear closer.
Attachments:
01.jpg (16 Kb)
02.jpg (72 Kb)
03.jpg (82 Kb)
04.jpg (32 Kb)
05.jpg (321 Kb)
06.jpg (357 Kb)
07.jpg (324 Kb)
Post edited December 20, 2020 by Budulman
And when I just go a bit away from the road, cars are back in the area, where I was just a few seconds ago.
It have something to do with spawning cars near me. (file 08)
fedstim: Hmm, maybe this setting has no effect in-game? I mean, try to change in the main menu, then load save.
I tried to play with settings a lot and no effect for this what I experiencing.

Just tried another thing... I´ve put whole settings to LOW and.... nothing happend with cars :-) , all is same, all cars disappearing some distance from me and around me are 1 to 3 cars and spawning when they want randomly :-)
Attachments:
08.jpg (456 Kb)
Post edited December 20, 2020 by Budulman
I tried to make video (I do not have any profi tools, so do not look on quality) - cars are there... actually not there :-D
https://youtu.be/KZK24pvZSp8
It's by design. It's supposed to make the city look populated and busy from a distance, instead of stark and empty. The "cars" that you see from far away aren't 3D models, they're sprites. There is no setting you can adjust to change this, it's just the way the game is.
defileddragon: It's by design. It's supposed to make the city look populated and busy from a distance, instead of stark and empty. The "cars" that you see from far away aren't 3D models, they're sprites. There is no setting you can adjust to change this, it's just the way the game is.
Yup. Night City has six million inhabitants in 2020, so probably close to 10 million by 2077. The cars are one of the effects (there's a few others) they seem to be using to try and convey that kind of population density without either melting your PC or turning the game into 'Gridlock : 2077'.
Yes, this is annoying and a bit pointless. No need for these sprites as a filler.
This happens to me as well, it looks even worse at night when you see headlights in the distance... disappearing when you come closer. It makes no sense especially with Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM and Radeon 5600XT. I think my system can handle a bunch of 3D models coming.

Instead the cars randomly disappear when you turn around quickly.

Horrible design.
Originally I thought you were talking about the city area (which has a lot of cars), country roads are fairly barren with a few vehicles only, which is fine. I don't have a sprite problem. Not sure why this is such a problem from those screen shots.
If it is by design... whoa... It´s just ridiculous... It looks terrible for game like CP2077.
Years older games can handle much bigger traffic anywhere (I do not want to compare with games like GTA5,but in this case it´s just offering).
Some settings for less powerfull PC´s, or some automatic way to enable, disable, when PC is not able to handle it, but make it like that "hard way" for all, it´s strange to me... It make game less believable.

Wompoo: Actually, car traffic density is not much better in city itself. In streets still yes, there you meet many cars mostly, but on highways inside city is about luck to meet some cars, more than one or two.

I just can imagine, that such future city is full of traffic and movement and life, but didn´t expected, that I can watch tens or hundreds cars far, far away, but in reality I do not meet them "personaly"
Just one of few things, which reduce unnecessarily game quality.
Really pointless from my point of view.
Wompoo: Originally I thought you were talking about the city area (which has a lot of cars), country roads are fairly barren with a few vehicles only, which is fine. I don't have a sprite problem. Not sure why this is such a problem from those screen shots.
Because it is so visibly fake. Why create an impression of a busy road, if in reality it is never busy other than limited streets in the city centre? The rest of the city never has traffic. This is fine in itself and I think gamers would be the first to complain if the city was permanently gridlocked. But why, oh why do you then need these sprite cars to populate the areas in the far distance?

It is very visible in the mission where you are watching the power plant from a cliff edge - if you look below, it appears as if there are hundreds of cars. In reality there are maybe 10.