It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After finishing the game the first time I decided to wait for patch 1.2 and a few content updates (free DLCs) to drop before starting a second one. Patch 1.1 came. Then patch 1.11 came. And now I could not wait any longer.

Yesterday I started the game again. Checked my old save file if anything new is popping up. (Nothing really, except got some semi-flirty text message from Blue Moon. Perhaps they are adding Blue Moon as a romance option? But my character was female so perhaps not.) In this save file my driving setting was 3rd person.

I then started a new game, starting as a Nomad. When you drive out from the garage, it automatically went to 3rd person. I remember that when I started the game originally when Cyberpunk 2077 was out, the default was 1st person. I thought it was odd it started as 3rd person. But after I exited the car, then entered again, it's in 1st person. Q does nothing. I even changed the key bindings so camera toggle is C, but even then C (or Q) do not do anything. I am now stuck in 1st person driving. And as beautiful the car interiors are in this game, driving in 1st person is limiting the view a lot.

I saved, quit the game completely, started the game and loaded the save -- still stuck in 1st person while driving.

Is there a way to get back to 3rd person?

Hm. Come to think of it. I did not try to toggle the camera when I had my old save loaded. I wonder what happens if I try with my old save. I think I will try that later today.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
frogthroat: After finishing the game the first time I decided to wait for patch 1.2 and a few content updates (free DLCs) to drop before starting a second one. Patch 1.1 came. Then patch 1.11 came. And now I could not wait any longer.

Yesterday I started the game again. Checked my old save file if anything new is popping up. (Nothing really, except got some semi-flirty text message from Blue Moon. Perhaps they are adding Blue Moon as a romance option? But my character was female so perhaps not.) In this save file my driving setting was 3rd person.

I then started a new game, starting as a Nomad. When you drive out from the garage, it automatically went to 3rd person. I remember that when I started the game originally when Cyberpunk 2077 was out, the default was 1st person. I thought it was odd it started as 3rd person. But after I exited the car, then entered again, it's in 1st person. Q does nothing. I even changed the key bindings so camera toggle is C, but even then C (or Q) do not do anything. I am now stuck in 1st person driving. And as beautiful the car interiors are in this game, driving in 1st person is limiting the view a lot.

I saved, quit the game completely, started the game and loaded the save -- still stuck in 1st person while driving.

Is there a way to get back to 3rd person?

Hm. Come to think of it. I did not try to toggle the camera when I had my old save loaded. I wonder what happens if I try with my old save. I think I will try that later today.
I started a new Nomad with 1.11. I didn't have this issue. It might just be that bug thingy that's shows it's ugly head periodically.

I made 3 saves just prior to meeting Jackie, so i don't need to keep playing through that intro. I do not have this on any of the saves. Try a new start and see if it follows. Close out Galaxy before you restart.
I had this issue briefly on a new nomad character after the patch. Reloaded a previous save made before the patch, switched my car to third person in that one, then was able to go back and got third person in the new game.
Veleda380: I had this issue briefly on a new nomad character after the patch. Reloaded a previous save made before the patch, switched my car to third person in that one, then was able to go back and got third person in the new game.
Thanks for the tip. I will try that. ...I hope this still works when my pre-patch 1.11 save is a completely different playthrough as a Street Kid. But I hope the cache doesn't care.