It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

unable to play the game on a 5950 and 6800xt ... whatever the options i set
what a joke , same fps count in 1080p , 1440p , 2160p ...
searching for solutions everywhere over the internet , some guys have the same problem, but no solution apparently
Post edited December 25, 2020 by xloxlox
xloxlox: unable to play the game on a 5950 and 6800xt ... whatever the options i set
searching for solutions everywhere over the internet , some guys have the same problem, but no solution apparently
Solution in this topic
https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/low_gpu_usage_ryzen_5950x_and_rtx_3090
xloxlox: unable to play the game on a 5950 and 6800xt ... whatever the options i set
Andreas_sp: Solution in this topic
https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/low_gpu_usage_ryzen_5950x_and_rtx_3090
no seeing any "solution" here that's a so called "problem" this guy had in his imagination, crying because of a 97% utilization instead of 100%) ... I don't really see the point with a situation like mine , utilization is 7% to 30% max ... got to be realistic here ... not a bottleneck problem , I heard the game was working better before some updates ... before i bought it , ...of course ...but thanks for the answer anyway
Post edited December 25, 2020 by xloxlox
This game is built with nvidia gpus in mind. That said id not use ray tracing and all that. You should be able to run it fine. I can run it fine on 1080 at 40-60 fps on a ryzen 9 3900x and rtx 2070.
Post edited December 26, 2020 by jon7882
Weird you're having that issue. I'm running a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 5700 XT, and I average 85-100 fps depending on where I'm at with a few settings turned down.

If you have ray tracing enabled, it is *not* optimized yet, especially for AMD ray tracing.

EDIT: Also this game is EXTREMELY feast or famine, in other words, some of us have little to no problems, and others have nothing BUT problems.

Sorry to hear this big time... I personally love this game from what I've played so far : /
Post edited December 26, 2020 by CymTyr
CymTyr: Weird you're having that issue. I'm running a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 5700 XT, and I average 85-100 fps depending on where I'm at with a few settings turned down.

If you have ray tracing enabled, it is *not* optimized yet, especially for AMD ray tracing.

EDIT: Also this game is EXTREMELY feast or famine, in other words, some of us have little to no problems, and others have nothing BUT problems.

Sorry to hear this big time... I personally love this game from what I've played so far : /
And your CPU mapping and transistor count is significantly less than the OP.
CymTyr: Weird you're having that issue. I'm running a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 5700 XT, and I average 85-100 fps depending on where I'm at with a few settings turned down.

wayke: And your CPU mapping and transistor count is significantly less than the OP.
That was kind of my point :)
Seriously, I don't get it. I can get playable fps (35-45) with my creaky old machine (AMD FX8350, GTX1080ti, and 24 meg ddr3) with a mix of high/ultra settings.
Post edited December 26, 2020 by Zanderat
Zanderat: Seriously, I don't get it. I can get playable fps (35-45) with my creaky old machine (AMD FX8350, GTX1080ti, and 24 meg ddr3) with a mix of high/ultra settings.
Wow those old hot monsters I sold one of those years ago worked pretty well at the time bought a Fx9590 just for lols that thing is as good as a small bar heater.
I have a meager 15W CPU (LG Gram 17) with an eGPU sporting a 2070. It definitely performs much better than that for me 95% of the time for me even with that handicap, running it at 2560x1600p on the internal laptop panel on top of it. Something is definitely up there...

The only things that give me problems are driving around in heavily crowded areas, and that's just probably because of the weak 4c/8t 15W CPU. Everything else runs pretty smooht and looks phenomenal (mostly high settings with some strategic cuts that don't change quality much + DLSS)
hfm: I have a meager 15W CPU (LG Gram 17) with an eGPU sporting a 2070. It definitely performs much better than that for me 95% of the time for me even with that handicap, running it at 2560x1600p on the internal laptop panel on top of it. Something is definitely up there...

The only things that give me problems are driving around in heavily crowded areas, and that's just probably because of the weak 4c/8t 15W CPU. Everything else runs pretty smooht and looks phenomenal (mostly high settings with some strategic cuts that don't change quality much + DLSS)
Feel any delays running an eGPU
hfm: I have a meager 15W CPU (LG Gram 17) with an eGPU sporting a 2070. It definitely performs much better than that for me 95% of the time for me even with that handicap, running it at 2560x1600p on the internal laptop panel on top of it. Something is definitely up there...

wayke: Feel any delays running an eGPU
Definitely not ideal, the hit on FPS over a 2070 just sitting in a desktop or built in dGPU is noticeable. What do you mean by "delay"? Input latency? No. It's just an FPS hit over a 2070 NOT in an eGPU. I've got 80+ hours in the game at this point and I've been able to headshot things with wild abandon.