It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Usually, people tend to say that 1st person perspective is way more immersive than 3rd person because it is closer to reality and things like that.

But today, when I started Cyberpunk 2077 and when I was walking around I noticed that this could not be further from the truth (for me at least). As it turns out, when my view seems to be perfectly centred and a person is standing in front of my, I'm looking at their chin. Thus, it follows that my eyes are roughly at chin height and I'm apparently either playing as a dwarf or an oompa loompa or something like that.

From my perspective this ruins immersiveness because the perspective is totally wrong. While a 3rd person view has an even wronger perspective, I think this wrong 1st person perspective just hits uncanny valley.

Maybe it is exaggerated because I'm on the taller side myself 1.88m (6.16ft), but I cannot understand why developers keep doing this. Or am I the only one annoyed by that? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts...

I know this is probably too much, but I would be grateful for an height adjustment option :D