It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello! I bought this game and downloaded it and the pach that came with it. My problem is that the game allways crashes as soon as I start the campaign. I get to the menu but when I try to start a new game I just get a download screen for a very long time and then a crash.

Ignoring the crash message does not help. I have tried different settings (also minimum) but it does not help. I have tried running it in windows 8 mode. Although I have (a newer version/update of) windows 8 myself, but this is a new game so, I dont know it that makes any sense but i tried it.. It automatically runs it in administrator mode.

Should I try to play it without installing the pach (heard that is not recommended by the devs) or is there another pach I could try?

Anything else I could try?

This is the worst bug I have had in a gog-game this far as I cant play the game at all. Should I contact the gog support (dont know if they could help) and is there any time limit when I should do it?

Thanks, appreciate the help!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
ask for a refund that's what im doing managed to get the game started after it was crashing loading a new game but the graphics are just a blurry mess in which you cant see or do anything.
I would rather have the game work than a refund so im still working on this.. Few this interesting cheap games available right now.. I found a video on youtube that shows the same crash situation that I have:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYqG6wAXX-c

Sorry, i had to take the beginning away, didnt let me put direct links. Just the crash message is slightly different and does not give me any options to choose from. There is a solution that works for some people in this situation described here:

steamcommunity.com/app/264240/discussions/2/45350245269834791/#c34096318851615740

Unfortunately this didnt work for me. Found out this computer has just 2 cores (and thats also the recommendation for this game) so I cant turn down them.. But maybe it can help someone else.

I'm not really especially good with computers but I will still try to work on this some more. Too bad I have not had access to another computer this week. I really want to test this game on another computer to see if that could work!

Seems this game is still -80%, wonder if others are having problems too?
The very, very same thing/screen is happing to me as well!,

I really want/wanted to play this game big-time! Too funny the dev's are already into making part 2.

P.S. The is what I'm getting from that little crash screen and at the bottom click on the drop-down icon that say's something like show hidden details, or the like!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: consortium.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 53b189d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002e3be
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I do hope that this info helps any Very Savvy (which for the most part I'm not) PC person out there who might be willing to help & thanks ever so much in advance big-time! Happy gaming all!!
Post edited November 24, 2014 by Johnthreesixteen
If it's crashing at the loading screens don't exit it, just click Wait For The Program to respond (or a option similar to that). I had the same issue, turns out that it can take five minutes (yes, really and sometimes more) to load this game. The reason being that there are a LOT of things it loads, it's open world (well, open airplane), has no loading once you're in the game outside of maybe two loading screens near the very end of the game (unless of course you have to reload) and is extremely dialogue heavy.

I believe one of the devs said it has something to do with the Source Engine, it doesn't stream data very well (at least during loading), which fits in with my experience with other Source Engine based games.
NoNewTaleToTell: If it's crashing at the loading screens don't exit it, just click Wait For The Program to respond (or a option similar to that). I had the same issue, turns out that it can take five minutes (yes, really and sometimes more) to load this game. The reason being that there are a LOT of things it loads, it's open world (well, open airplane), has no loading once you're in the game outside of maybe two loading screens near the very end of the game (unless of course you have to reload) and is extremely dialogue heavy.

I believe one of the devs said it has something to do with the Source Engine, it doesn't stream data very well (at least during loading), which fits in with my experience with other Source Engine based games.
He's exactly right. I had the same problem and just waited a couple of minutes, and everything worked fine. :)
Nothing of these helped but I played it on another computer and it worked! (On the third computer I tried, second was not good/new enough i think)

But on the last computer I had no problems and it worked fine, good game also!

I dont know if the bugs have something to do with that, but I would probably at least recommend to be extra carefull with the minimum/recommended requirements with this game since it seems to be a bit unstable. (on some computers)