It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This patch alleges that it requires nearly 1TB of free disk space to install. Even when the game and the patch are on a drive with sufficient space, the installer still claims that it doesn't have the necessary storage available. Obviously the patch is broken, and needs to be reissued in a working state.

Edit: It would also be great if the abysmal patch naming scheme could be updated to something human readable, though that's not high on my list of priorities compared to a patch that can actually be installed.
Post edited November 10, 2023 by rojo
rojo: This patch alleges that it requires nearly 1TB of free disk space to install. Even when the game and the patch are on a drive with sufficient space, the installer still claims that it doesn't have the necessary storage available. Obviously the patch is broken, and needs to be reissued in a working state.

Edit: It would also be great if the abysmal patch naming scheme could be updated to something human readable, though that's not high on my list of priorities compared to a patch that can actually be installed.
Was coming in to see if anyone else was running into this error. Surely it's just a file misreading the information? There's plenty of free space for it, but not a whole TB.
I have got the same problem :

The drive with the patch and the game has 139 GB of space free, but the installer says it needs
944776 MB free space.

I have called the gaming drive with Baldurs Gate 3 as L:, its a 1 TB SSD.

My C - Drive has only a 120 GB SSD , with 31 GB free space.
I am shocked by GOG's recent incompetence with handling offline game updates, not just for BG3 but for other games also. Even more shocking is lack of elementary knowledge about filename/path lengths (in windows at least). Just look at the filenames of those update patches - no wonder people are getting weird errors because of path and filename lengths. Add to that totally incompetent handling of offline patches downloads, and you get a picture of situation.

When GOG will get serious / employ technically knowledgeable persons to deliver those offline game updates, as currently offline patching is bellow acceptable quality treshold?
New patch, more space needed...

I think 1574 GB a bit of an exaggeration
Attachments:
Atti77: New patch, more space needed...

That's 1.574 GB
Atti77: New patch, more space needed...

dbartenstein: That's 1.574 GB
I have 300+ GB free space and not enough, so I think it is not 1.5 GB and not 15 GB and not 150 GB
dbartenstein: That's 1.574 GB
Atti77: I have 300+ GB free space and not enough, so I think it is not 1.5 GB and not 15 GB and not 150 GB
If you're seeing that, you did something wrong. Go re-download the patch and try again, because it's not >1TB.
Just to clarify, this is the official response I got from GOG support back on Nov 16, after some boilerplate troubleshooting:

"Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Our teams have contacted game developer and it seems that there is an ongoing issue with current patch. The issue is currently investigated. Unfortunately, for the time being if you wish to apply newest patch with offline installer, you will have to download whole game again.

Alternatively as a temporary workaround, you can use GOG GALAXY app for this update (www.gog.com/galaxy) just install the app, launch it, if it doesn't add your game automatically, click on cogwheel icon in top left icon > Add games & friends > Scan folders for GOG Games. And select your Baldur's Gate 3 installation location, then update your game. After successful update - you can uninstall GOG GALAXY app.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
0rcan
GOG Customer Support"

As far as I know the issue was never fixed, and Larian support never got back to me.

For reference, patch_baldurs_gate_3_Release_-_v4.1.1.3956130_-_Patch_Patch4_Hotfix3_(68995)_to_Release_-_v4.1.1.4061076_(6936 2) seems to have a similar issue. It demands ~1.5TB of free space to install. I haven't tested it in the same way I did the patch I originally posted about, but I assume it's the same problem. Anecdotally, it seems like Larian doesn't really know how to deploy patches.
Post edited December 03, 2023 by rojo
rojo: Just to clarify, this is the official response I got from GOG support back on Nov 16, after some boilerplate troubleshooting:

"Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Our teams have contacted game developer and it seems that there is an ongoing issue with current patch. The issue is currently investigated. Unfortunately, for the time being if you wish to apply newest patch with offline installer, you will have to download whole game again.

Alternatively as a temporary workaround, you can use GOG GALAXY app for this update (www.gog.com/galaxy) just install the app, launch it, if it doesn't add your game automatically, click on cogwheel icon in top left icon > Add games & friends > Scan folders for GOG Games. And select your Baldur's Gate 3 installation location, then update your game. After successful update - you can uninstall GOG GALAXY app.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
0rcan
GOG Customer Support"

As far as I know the issue was never fixed, and Larian support never got back to me.

For reference, patch_baldurs_gate_3_Release_-_v4.1.1.3956130_-_Patch_Patch4_Hotfix3_(68995)_to_Release_-_v4.1.1.4061076_(6936 2) seems to have a similar issue. It demands ~1.5TB of free space to install. I haven't tested it in the same way I did the patch I originally posted about, but I assume it's the same problem. Anecdotally, it seems like Larian doesn't really know how to deploy patches.
Sounds like they're blaming the developer... when it's GOG's signature on the patch installer meaning the buck stops with GOG. They're the fuck up here not Larian.