It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"
Dear community, dear fans,

Last month, we have updated the PC VERSION of Another World - 20th Anniversary for the first time on Steam.

Eric Chahi and our friends at Goblinz have developed this update to make this version similar to the console versions.

- All backgrounds of the game are now in 1080p
- Fixing gameplay scripting
- Fixing minor bug
- Adding 8 new languages : Simplified Chinese - Brazilian Portuguese - Japanese - Korean - Portuguese - Polish - Russian and Turkish
]Dear community, dear fans,

Last month, we have updated the PC VERSION of Another World - 20th Anniversary for the first time on Steam.

Eric Chahi and our friends at Goblinz have developed this update to make this version similar to the console versions.

- Fixing minor bug
- Adding 8 new languages : Simplified Chinese - Brazilian Portuguese - Japanese - Korean - Portuguese - Polish - Russian and Turkish
"

C/P from Steam!

Question for GOG, when will this update be here?! Come on it's been almost a month now!
Post edited July 09, 2022 by GlorFindel
GlorFindel: "

- Fixing minor bug

- Fixing minor bug
"

C/P from Steam!

Question for GOG, when will this update be here?! Come on it's been almost a month now!
I sent them (@thedigitalounge) a message, they told me the update will be soon here at gog.

- Fixing minor bug

- Fixing minor bug
"

C/P from Steam!

stvn87: I sent them (@thedigitalounge) a message, they told me the update will be soon here at gog.
Thanks for info, but I don't really care anymore; bought the game on Steam already!

- Fixing minor bug

- Fixing minor bug
"

C/P from Steam!

stvn87: I sent them (@thedigitalounge) a message, they told me the update will be soon here at gog.
Thank you.
I just downloaded and played this game and it seems the update has not been applied to the gog version yet since above mentioned languages are not available.

that's not the first time that gog offers an inferior version to steam. i'll think twice next time before I buy here.
dachoppa: I just downloaded and played this game and it seems the update has not been applied to the gog version yet since above mentioned languages are not available.

that's not the first time that gog offers an inferior version to steam. i'll think twice next time before I buy here.
If you can try to refund it and get it elsewhere; like that "other" store that has the latest update (from June) and in two days there will be a massive Autumn Sale coming, so Another World will probably be 75-80% off!

At this point in time, I have no doubt in my mind that GOG will never improve, so buying games on GOG is literally a gamble at this point, even for true GoodOldGames like Another World! Very sad!
According to the changelog, the last update was in March 2018.

I just wrote them an email, let's see what the reaction is.
Post edited December 09, 2022 by neumi5694
GlorFindel: At this point in time, I have no doubt in my mind that GOG will never improve, so buying games on GOG is literally a gamble at this point, even for true GoodOldGames like Another World! Very sad!
Ther are some black sheep like Team 17, who never update or hardly ever update their GOG games. Other devs are not that bad. Eek games for examples updates all "stable" versions (noit alphas or betas) on all platforms the same day: Steam, itch, gamejolt, GOG, Epic, probably more.

On GOG it can take a day until the offline installer is ready, but that's it.
GlorFindel: At this point in time, I have no doubt in my mind that GOG will never improve, so buying games on GOG is literally a gamble at this point, even for true GoodOldGames like Another World! Very sad!
neumi5694: Ther are some black sheep like Team 17, who never update or hardly ever update their GOG games. Other devs are not that bad. Eek games for examples updates all "stable" versions (noit alphas or betas) on all platforms the same day: Steam, itch, gamejolt, GOG, Epic, probably more.

On GOG it can take a day until the offline installer is ready, but that's it.
One day you say! This update is now officially 6 months late to GOG, galaxy or offline installer wise!
GlorFindel: One day you say! This update is now officially 6 months late to GOG, galaxy or offline installer wise!
You really really really really REALLY REALLY! should read the context of that sentence.
Post edited December 12, 2022 by neumi5694
I've sent them another email, still no response, as was to be expected.
neumi5694: I've sent them another email, still no response, as was to be expected.
Could todays update finally be the one? (it is labeled as 2.0)
RadonGOG: Could todays update finally be the one? (it is labeled as 2.0)
well, that would be the day ...

I am still waiting for the offline installer.
What I can say is that according to gogdb they removed the Mac from the list of supported systems.
I updated the game through Galaxy and we did indeed get the new version with additional languages, high res textures, bugfixes and a new main menu.
I contacted GOG support inquiring about the missing update for the offline installers. If I hear anything I will report back here.