It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm trying delete GoG Galaxy cloud save data but since it's overflowed the max 200 mb quota it doesn't work.
I've deleted the files in the folder and but everytime I sync it just returns this error message:

"User data files on this computer exceed the GOG Galaxy Cloud storage quote for this game. Launch the game and remove some older saves data."

I've done this multiple times but all it does is restore cloud old saves overwriting the empty space then return this same error again. Been trying to get ahold of a human being at support instead of the automated support assistant which isn't providing any help.

Could you please fix this bug? Or provide a simple "delete" button for cloud saves in the future?
Best Regards
Attachments:
image.png (44 Kb)
Cragsand: "User data files on this computer exceed the GOG Galaxy Cloud storage quote for this game. Launch the game and remove some older saves data."
This is the key bit you seem to be missing. If you delete the files when the game isn't running, then the cloud save system is going to do exactly what cloud save systems are supposed to do and restore the saves from the cloud. That's how it's supposed to work.

You need to delete the saves while the game is running so that when you quit it backs up the "lack of saves". You can either delete the saves using an in-game option or alt-tab out of the game while it's running and delete them with file explorer.
Post edited July 11, 2022 by my name is racynge catte
Cragsand: "User data files on this computer exceed the GOG Galaxy Cloud storage quote for this game. Launch the game and remove some older saves data."
my name is racynge catte: This is the key bit you seem to be missing. If you delete the files when the game isn't running, then the cloud save system is going to do exactly what cloud save systems are supposed to do and restore the saves from the cloud. That's how it's supposed to work.

You need to delete the saves while the game is running so that when you quit it backs up the "lack of saves". You can either delete the saves using an in-game option or alt-tab out of the game while it's running and delete them with file explorer.
I did this as well, delete while the game is running but I still get the error message.
Sorry of I wasn't clear enough in the initial post.
Post edited July 11, 2022 by Cragsand
low rated
my name is racynge catte: This is the key bit you seem to be missing. If you delete the files when the game isn't running, then the cloud save system is going to do exactly what cloud save systems are supposed to do and restore the saves from the cloud. That's how it's supposed to work.

Cragsand: I did this as well, delete while the game is running but I still get the error message.
Hmm, that's really odd then! I guess you'll just have to blast through the automated system and get a person (it's not too hard, you just need to keep declining its suggestions).
low rated
Uninstall galaxy. Then you can control saves yourself, they are just files in folders, you could copy them out, keep as many different ones as you like. File sync to auto back them up, even to the web if you have too. It’s as simple as copy and paste! No limits, no online requirements, totally under your control.
nightcraw1er.488: Uninstall galaxy. Then you can control saves yourself, they are just files in folders, you could copy them out, keep as many different ones as you like. File sync to auto back them up, even to the web if you have too. It’s as simple as copy and paste! No limits, no online requirements, totally under your control.
Bog off troll. Clearly they want cloud saves or they would have just turned them off in the options. You do this on every single question about Galaxy and it is petty in the extreme.

Cragsand: I did this as well, delete while the game is running but I still get the error message.
That's actually strange, have you tried disabling the cloud saves for the game in question? This should reset the cloud by deleting all cloud saves. Manually delete all the excess saves on your PC as well and then try reactivating it.
Please, backup your savegames locally, before messing with the online ones..

(btw you should never rely on online-only storage in general)
Post edited July 11, 2022 by phaolo
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Uninstall galaxy. Then you can control saves yourself, they are just files in folders, you could copy them out, keep as many different ones as you like. File sync to auto back them up, even to the web if you have too. It’s as simple as copy and paste! No limits, no online requirements, totally under your control.
my name is racynge catte: Bog off troll. Clearly they want cloud saves or they would have just turned them off in the options. You do this on every single question about Galaxy and it is petty in the extreme.
Why don’t you. Clearly they had an issue with the software, I provided them a superior way to manage their saves, including online if needed. If it wasn’t for you “we want steam” zealots ruining any store that was different with your “steam” features this might have still been a decent site.
my name is racynge catte: Bog off troll. Clearly they want cloud saves or they would have just turned them off in the options. You do this on every single question about Galaxy and it is petty in the extreme.
nightcraw1er.488: Why don’t you. Clearly they had an issue with the software, I provided them a superior way to manage their saves, including online if needed. If it wasn’t for you “we want steam” zealots ruining any store that was different with your “steam” features this might have still been a decent site.
And you clearly don't know me at all. I am a proponent of DRM-free games and relatively indifferent to Galaxy. You calling me a "zealot" because I don't hate the thing you hate is peak irony.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Why don’t you. Clearly they had an issue with the software, I provided them a superior way to manage their saves, including online if needed. If it wasn’t for you “we want steam” zealots ruining any store that was different with your “steam” features this might have still been a decent site.
my name is racynge catte: And you clearly don't know me at all. I am a proponent of DRM-free games and relatively indifferent to Galaxy. You calling me a "zealot" because I don't hate the thing you hate is peak irony.
No, I don’t know you. But you’re the one defending and supporting galaxy and that says enough. Proprietary lock-in clients for lazy people are exactly what has made steam for the last twenty years, and it’s where all the support on this site went to. If you are so DRM free, you will be unhappy when they drop the offline installers (generally outdated, bloated, galaxy infested things anyways) completely in favour of the client system.

Ugg... why can't they just give you a temporary key, you access it like a directory structure of game/saves and you just delete the ones you don't want from the cloud itself, or upload your own saves.
my name is racynge catte: And you clearly don't know me at all. I am a proponent of DRM-free games and relatively indifferent to Galaxy. You calling me a "zealot" because I don't hate the thing you hate is peak irony.
nightcraw1er.488: No, I don’t know you. But you’re the one defending and supporting galaxy and that says enough. Proprietary lock-in clients for lazy people are exactly what has made steam for the last twenty years, and it’s where all the support on this site went to. If you are so DRM free, you will be unhappy when they drop the offline installers (generally outdated, bloated, galaxy infested things anyways) completely in favour of the client system.
I'm neither defending nor "supporting" Galaxy, just trying to help out someone who evidently wants to use it and is having a problem. If you can't help or don't want to help then the least you could do is not post the same evangelical schtick on every thread with a question about Galaxy. You're the DRM-free equivalent of the bible crazies who aggressively tell people on the street that they're going to hell. Dial it back dude, this is a technical help question, not a discussion.

If they dropped the DRM-free installers I'd be amongst the first to complain, but they haven't so I'm not.
rtcvb32: Ugg... why can't they just give you a temporary key, you access it like a directory structure of game/saves and you just delete the ones you don't want from the cloud itself, or upload your own saves.
That would indeed be helpful, but GOG seems to have enough trouble implementing promised features without adding new ones to the pile.
Post edited July 12, 2022 by my name is racynge catte
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: No, I don’t know you. But you’re the one defending and supporting galaxy and that says enough. Proprietary lock-in clients for lazy people are exactly what has made steam for the last twenty years, and it’s where all the support on this site went to. If you are so DRM free, you will be unhappy when they drop the offline installers (generally outdated, bloated, galaxy infested things anyways) completely in favour of the client system.
my name is racynge catte: I'm neither defending nor "supporting" Galaxy, just trying to help out someone who evidently wants to use it and is having a problem. If you can't help or don't want to help then the least you could do is not post the same evangelical schtick on every thread with a question about Galaxy. You're the DRM-free equivalent of the bible crazies who aggressively tell people on the street that they're going to hell. Dial it back dude, this is a technical help question, not a discussion.

If they dropped the DRM-free installers I'd be amongst the first to complain, but they haven't so I'm not.
rtcvb32: Ugg... why can't they just give you a temporary key, you access it like a directory structure of game/saves and you just delete the ones you don't want from the cloud itself, or upload your own saves.
my name is racynge catte: That would indeed be helpful, but GOG seems to have enough trouble implementing promised features without adding new ones to the pile.
What exactly is not helpful? By not using galaxy you have unlimited storage (per what you can afford), offline and online. Fully under your control in both structural setup, naming, versions, with and without mods, and float or to any system including those older OS’s that don’t have galaxy. Fully under the users control, no need to login to anything or require internet connection. How is it not helping to tell people that this exists? Your answer is to simply reinforce peoples understanding that clients are the only way to do anything which is wrong. This is the general forum not the galaxy forum!
In 30 years of gaming I have thousands of save files across hundreds of games, all backed up offline, accessible anytime as and how I like, and plenty of storage for more, this is far better than the way they are doing it

You would be better off supporting ditching the whole client and getting GOG to focus on providing better installers with decent compression, change logs, old versions and patches, up to date installers, all of which has been ditched (for years now) in favour of putting all resource into the client and getting people on CDPrOnline. But maybe it’s no longer helpful to try to push for GOG being different to steam, that’s certainly what it seems like here now.
my name is racynge catte: I'm neither defending nor "supporting" Galaxy, just trying to help out someone who evidently wants to use it and is having a problem. If you can't help or don't want to help then the least you could do is not post the same evangelical schtick on every thread with a question about Galaxy. You're the DRM-free equivalent of the bible crazies who aggressively tell people on the street that they're going to hell. Dial it back dude, this is a technical help question, not a discussion.

That would indeed be helpful, but GOG seems to have enough trouble implementing promised features without adding new ones to the pile.
nightcraw1er.488: What exactly is not helpful? By not using galaxy you have unlimited storage (per what you can afford), offline and online. Fully under your control in both structural setup, naming, versions, with and without mods, and float or to any system including those older OS’s that don’t have galaxy. Fully under the users control, no need to login to anything or require internet connection. How is it not helping to tell people that this exists? Your answer is to simply reinforce peoples understanding that clients are the only way to do anything which is wrong. This is the general forum not the galaxy forum!
In 30 years of gaming I have thousands of save files across hundreds of games, all backed up offline, accessible anytime as and how I like, and plenty of storage for more, this is far better than the way they are doing it

You would be better off supporting ditching the whole client and getting GOG to focus on providing better installers with decent compression, change logs, old versions and patches, up to date installers, all of which has been ditched (for years now) in favour of putting all resource into the client and getting people on CDPrOnline. But maybe it’s no longer helpful to try to push for GOG being different to steam, that’s certainly what it seems like here now.
Again, this is not a discussion thread about the pros and cons of Galaxy, it's about someone who wants to use Galaxy asking for help with a specific technical issue. Take your opinions elsewhere.