It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IronArcturus: I tried your mod and I checked the "Remap Slider0 to Z-Axis" option, but it is not recognized by the game. The shoulder buttons LT/RT still don't register. Also, would it be possible for you to add the ability to make the right joystick on the 360 controller work in the game?
Thanks for giving it a go, and I'm sorry it hasn't worked out quite how we hoped.

That remap check box isn't needed by X3 as it understands that a slider can be a throttle - that's there to fix "X - Beyond the Frontier" which doesn't (for my Sidewinder 2 and another player's Thrustmaster 1600000.)

Going back to X3:R the 360 pad worked without anything checked, with the left and right triggers controlling the throttle, but it would spring back to zero when released. The only check-box that I think will affect the game is 'Invert Slider' and all that will do is swap the triggers. In short: using a 360 pad in X3 isn't something my mod is going to help you with.

Ultimately you'll need something more heavy-weight like XPadder to improve this game I think.

(and actually I finished this game with mouse and keys and it was perfectly fine, but to each his own :-) )
Post edited November 23, 2015 by HiddenAsbestos
HiddenAsbestos: Thanks for giving it a go, and I'm sorry it hasn't worked out quite how we hoped.

That remap check box isn't needed by X3 as it understands that a slider can be a throttle - that's there to fix "X - Beyond the Frontier" which doesn't (for my Sidewinder 2 and another player's Thrustmaster 1600000.)

Going back to X3:R the 360 pad worked without anything checked, with the left and right triggers controlling the throttle, but it would spring back to zero when released. The only check-box that I think will affect the game is 'Invert Slider' and all that will do is swap the triggers. In short: using a 360 pad in X3 isn't something my mod is going to help you with.

Ultimately you'll need something more heavy-weight like XPadder to improve this game I think.

(and actually I finished this game with mouse and keys and it was perfectly fine, but to each his own :-) )
That's too bad about the joystick issue. But do you know of a way to fix the Portrait Bug in X3: Reunion? It basically keeps showing the wrong portrait for every communication for some reason.
HiddenAsbestos: Ultimately you'll need something more heavy-weight like XPadder to improve this game I think.
If you want to go editing axes and splitting axes, and if X3 is a DirectInput game, not an XInput game, then XInput Plus is probably the best option as it allows a complete remapping of all controller inputs into other DirectInput inputs, so splitting and reversing axes or mapping keys. Xpadder is fine for mapping keys but it's not so good when it comes to axes.