It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thought I might share my configuration for WC I (maybe it'll work with WC II aswell....) with you guys.

You can find the mapper.map file for DOSBox on Pastebin

Here is what my layout looks like:
Left Stick - Dive, Climb, Left, Right
Right stick (up) - Afterburner
Left Bumper - Roll left
Right Bumper - Roll right
Left Trigger - Decrease speed
Right Trigger - Increase speed
A - Fire
B - Missile
D-Pad (down) - Damage screen
D-Pad (left) - Change gun type
D-Pad (right) - Change missile tpye
D-Pad (up) - Navigation screen
X - Lock Target
Y - Targeting computer
Start - Pause
Back - Skip Intro

This file has to be in "...Wing Commander 1 and 2\WC". If it does not exist already, just create a new text file and change the name to mapper.map (make sure that file extensions are visible in windows explorer).
Post edited November 04, 2011 by ThermioN
Thanks for this.
Is there a thread with instructions on setting up Privateer with a 360 controller similar to this? I can't get past the joystick calibration screen when trying to use the in-game function, buttons seem to be functional but the stick directions might not register, or register wrong, since I'm stuck in an endless loop of the calibration not being acceptable and asking me to redo it.
Post edited December 14, 2011 by Al3xand3r
Can anyone provide some more detailed instructions on how to do this? I created a .txt file named mapper.map and put it in the WC folder. I then copy and pasted the information from pastebin into this file. I launched the game and tried using my 360 controller but it did not work. I have a wireless 360 controller.
I figured it out how to do this. Heres what I did. I started the game and hit Ctrl-F1 which brings up the DosBox mapping utility. Then I hit save which made a mapper.map file in the WC folder. I then edited that file with Notepad with the pastebin info. Thanks for the post.

P.S. For anyone interested heres more info on the mapper http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Mapper
I tried doing this exact same thing for WC3 with my wired Xbox 360 controller. Saved a mapper.map file in my WC3 folder, then pasted the pastebin info into the Notepad file, and saved it. Didn't work. Went to the flight simulator int he game and only a few buttons worked, and the joysticks didn't work at all. Plus, when on the ship, the sensitivity for the joysticks on the 360 controller are way too high when using the sticks to control the mouse icon. If anyone can help, perhaps the mapping for WC1 is different than the mapping for WC3, any ideas would be appreciated.
Felix004: I figured it out how to do this. Heres what I did. I started the game and hit Ctrl-F1 which brings up the DosBox mapping utility. Then I hit save which made a mapper.map file in the WC folder. I then edited that file with Notepad with the pastebin info. Thanks for the post.

P.S. For anyone interested heres more info on the mapper http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Mapper
Thank you, sir!
What about my dosbox joystick settings, its alright?

joysticktype=auto
timed=false
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=false